Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Need Tire Advice: Conti DW vs Hankook V12 vs BF g-force

19K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  Frogstofall 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm in the process of buying some new tires. Running on some all-seasons at the moment and want to upgrade to a two tire setup.

Looking for something that performs decent, doesn't brake the bank, handles the rain well and will last a decent while.

I want a tire that will work well in the rain. This is one of the most crucial parts to me.

These are the three I've found to be the best combination of my needs. (Stock Evo X size - 245/40 18)

-Continental ExtremeContact DW
-Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110
-BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2

I've seen a lot of guys on here running the Hankooks, and then some others absolutely scold them.

The Contis and BFs have the best treadwear ratings at 340, v12s have 280.

Haven't heard a ton about the g-forces anywhere, but they look like a good tire.

Speed rating doesn't really worry me.

Anyway, I'm just looking for some knowledgeable advice. I track every once in a while, maybe once or twice a year MAX. Just looking for a nice street tire that isn't crazy expensive and will last me a good amount of time.

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks guys.

See less See more
#3 ·
NT-05's

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

#4 ·
Running General G-max AS-03 - Love them
480 wear and very grippy.

Look up the reviews!

#7 ·
8.8 wet and dry traction on Tirerack.

#8 ·
You consider nitto invo?

#10 ·
How much are you looking to spend? You can get 275/35/18 invos for about 1050

#11 ·
I can tell you the g forces are really loud

#13 ·
ugh, this is like that "what's the best intake" thread.

#21 ·
How come you're not looking at Bridgestone RE11? Did it not cross your mind or do you think they don't suit your application? Only reason for my suggestion is their good wet handling performance.

#25 ·
Stock size... Then get a set of slightly used OEM tires I'm willing to bet they grip better than any of the listed. Sure they won't last as long but ur probably pay a decent amount less than 600

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#31 ·
^^^^scott just nailed it

#30 ·
Man why don't you just save some more there are no good tires for 600 that are summer tires, regardless of tire size. 600 buys like 2 tires lol

#33 ·
How bad are your current tires? Can you hold out till you have more money?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.