Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so recently i was thinking about tuning our evo x, and a lot of people say i would need a new fuel pump and fuel injectors can someone please clear things up for me

WHP Goal: 360+
Torque Goal: 350+
Mods
Map Performance rear Upper intercooler pipe
K&N drop in air filter
Hks down pipe to muffler

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can get around 340-350whp with just bolt ons on pump gas (intake, test pipe/HFCS, EBCS). If you want more than 350 you need a bigger turbo or E85, then supporting fuel such as pump and injectors. Stock injectors max out at 350ish.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi guys so recently i was thinking about tuning our evo x, and a lot of people say i would need a new fuel pump and fuel injectors can someone please clear things up for me

WHP Goal: 360+
Torque Goal: 350+
Mods
Map Performance rear Upper intercooler pipe
K&N drop in air filter
Hks down pipe to muffler
If you have E85 available to your area, it's the easiest way to hit 350-400WHP and similar TQ numbers. Just make sure you have all your bolt ons and go get a tune. You would need a pump and injectors for this.

If you wanted to hit any more than say 350 WHP with pump gas, you're looking at all your bolt ons like necessary above, as well as a larger turbo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have E85 available to your area, it's the easiest way to hit 350-400WHP and similar TQ numbers. Just make sure you have all your bolt ons and go get a tune. You would need a pump and injectors for this.

If you wanted to hit any more than say 350 WHP with pump gas, you're looking at all your bolt ons like necessary above, as well as a larger turbo.
I would only be using regular gas since it's hard to find e85 here in the Philippines. Do you think those numbers are possible?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank
You can get around 340-350whp with just bolt ons on pump gas (intake, test pipe/HFCS, EBCS). If you want more than 350 you need a bigger turbo or E85, then supporting fuel such as pump and injectors. Stock injectors max out at 350ish.
Thank you sir

·
Registered
175 Posts
No need for bigger injectors and pump right now probably. But with just those mods, it's doubtful to me that you'll reach 350whp.

When you say "downpipe to muffler" is the entire exhaust replaced? Or just the downpipe?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would only be using regular gas since it's hard to find e85 here in the Philippines. Do you think those numbers are possible?
Lets assume you have quality 98 RON (our 93 AKI [R+M/2] ). With that fuel, its a safe bet you could get close to 350 WHP with all your bolt ons on a more aggressive tune (complete boltons are full exhaust, intake, intercooler etc)

If you have 95 RON available (our 91 AKI) then I can't see you safely hitting 350WHP with no outside help (like methanol injection of some sort)

The only way I see you hitting your 400WHP number is through a larger turbo on pump gas. This would require the extra items needed in such a swap, like a better fuel pump as well as injectors.

·
Registered
133 Posts
if you are looking for a good FP. i have a NEW DW300C ill let go for cheap if you plan on going E85 or pump gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts