Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been stupid hot recently and I've been forced to use the A/C. I'm usually content w/ just having the windows down, but you all know how the weather has been. Anyway, with the air on:

1. The car is much more difficult to get rolling from a stop, I have to slip the clutch longer. If I let it out normally (like w/ the AC off), it bogs down to 1k rpm and is a slow go.

2. There is a very noticeable difference in power. It seems MUCH slower. I thought the AC was supposed to turn off when going WOT? It doesn't seem to be doing so, and my AFR's get richer than normal.

wtf??

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
same here. I hate driving with the AC on but I get over it. I would rather deal with a bitchy car than sitting on the surface of the sun

·
Registered
365 Posts
same here. I hate driving with the AC on but I get over it. I would rather deal with a bitchy car than sitting on the surface of the sun
I agree, especially today. It was 104 today.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Suck it up. It was 109 today here and I drive a phantom black. With my AC on I get the same reaction from my car. I usually turn off ASC and run the AC unless I stop then I turn the AC off when I start rolling again. Believe me, you'll remember to turn it back on if you get too hot. My car was tuned when it was 50-60 degrees outside so it acts funky in 110 degree weather. Runs great at night though as it's 30 degrees cooler. You'll be fine, I promise.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I just like to have the windows down cause I like to hear the sound of the car when driving. From inside the cabin the sound is much more dull :/

I personally haven't noticed a huge difference when ac on vs ac off in terms of starting from a stop.

·
aka anEVOx
356 Posts
I do notice I have to shift faster with the A/C, since the rpms drop quicker in between shifts. I also hate the clutch thing. I usually don't use the A/C driving through the city if I'm hitting a lot of traffic lights.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I feel like mine falls flat on it's face from a dead stop. I hate it, but I hate the heat more.

·
Registered
290 Posts
LoL you guys are a bunch of babies. You complain about something that's keeping you from complaining about something else. if you don't like it on, turn it off and deal with the heat. Post back when you turn it back on and realize life really isn't that bad. :neener:

·
Registered
365 Posts
As stupid hot/humid as it's been I've been using AC and cruising. I'm like the rest of you, AC only when absolutely necessary. Heat during winter? Different story. ;)
yea! heater is a must. idk.. these winters the past year were freezin!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
You all are wusses. Real men take the AC out for weight savings

·
Registered
823 Posts
I noticed the A/C power draw more in this car than my Celica. It feels really noticeable in the Evo versus almost not there in the Celica.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts