Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I picked up a new DSLR-- Nikon D5000. I'm quite amateur and am looking for feedback, both positive and negative. I don't get butthurt! lol Disclaimer: Photobucket really doesn't do the pics justice.... dah well. :duh:

UPDATE 8/28: New pics and new pic-hosting site used = Cleaner shots on PAGE 3! :rock:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job! I like the colors on the first, but its crooked! Love that wall, 3rd one is my favorite.
haha, I guess I spent too much time trying to make the car level.... :duh: Oh well, that place isn't too far away. I'll probably take more pics later in the day next time. This was taken at like 3pm.... Super bright. And thanks!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
haha, I guess I spent too much time trying to make the car level.... :duh: Oh well, that place isn't too far away. I'll probably take more pics later in the day next time. This was taken at like 3pm.... Super bright. And thanks!
Try using another window (like from microsoft windows) and lining it up with the concrete wall at the top, then use that to make it not crooked.

What kinda lens you using?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just using the kit lens- Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm VR f/3.5-5.6G. There is a straightening tool on the software I use, but it blurs the image a little when you adjust it... I'll just take another shot later. haha I'm picking up a 55-200mm lens tomorrow so I can get some better zoom shots.

·
Registered
775 Posts
very nice RR!

·
Registered
284 Posts
nice nice nice very nice!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Decent shots. A few suggestions:

Learn to use Lightroom and Photoshop if you don't already. While it is still important to take a good photo, these will work wonders, making a mediocre shot good and a good shot great by fixing the color balance and contrast. Also, if you don't already, shoot in Camera RAW.

Your locations are nice and the car is position nice, the next step is to refine your composition. Photoshop can help through cropping, but read up on the Rule of Thirds to get a more interesting shot. Especially with that mural, remember that even though you're there to shoot your car, it doesn't hurt to pull back and get more scenery. It adds depth and context to the shoot. Exploit depth of field and framing, too. They both add more substance to the shots.

In addition to pulling back, get closer, too. Show the smaller details. Get up close and see the detail on your rim spokes, show off the weave on carbon fiber, or the super aggressive camber in your alignment. Your camera will capture the details that most people won't take the time to see.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome guys, thanks for the words. Will definitely work on the advice given! And true, I need a good post-editing software. Too bad they're so damn expensive....

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful car :clap::clap::clap:

Love the third and sixth, added to my screen saver collection.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New pics and new pic hosting site. Enjoi!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts