Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting the itch again for a fun car. In the past I have owned (4) Evo X's, and a Evo VIII. As much as I love them I don't want to get back into the Evo game now that they aren't making them anymore. My last X was left stock and I got very bored with it quickly. After driving a 450+whp X a stock one was not doing anything for me.

I'm older now and would like something a little more refined, still 4 door, still AWD, more HP (350+ stock), and handles as good or better than the Evo does.

I was thinking the Audi RS3 but its kind of ugly.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Golf r, audi s3. Apr stage 2 bolt ons will trap 114, apr can also send torque to rear on both models on new years to not be fwd biased. I would get dsg only

Cla 45 amg. Ams bolt ons will trap the same,114 and i think 118 on race gas. Check their youtube vid

Focus rs because race car

If you can swing rs3 money definetely that..!!! 5 cylinder gurgle plus dsg sounds amazing

5,198 Posts
None of those handle as well as the Evo. I went through a couple years of trying to find an Evo replacement and nothing is. The Golf R/S3/RS3 are nice cars and the RS3 makes great power but the chassis on them is not up to an Evo, at all. I had a MK6 Golf R and it was a great car but again, not even close to the driving mechanics and involvement of an Evo.

You will have to go Porsche Cayman/911, Corvette Z51/Grand Sport/Z06 or Lotus Exige/Elise.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you may be right. i may have to start looking at 2 door cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts