Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a Spec 3+ and now... well, it's strange. I push the clutch in all the way and try to put it in gear. It's incredibly difficult and the clutch is definitely engaging a bit when I'm putting it in gear (with the clutch pedal down). To put the car in reverse I have to force it into first, then I can force it into reverse.

Anyway the new clutch has less than 100 miles.

Anyone with a new clutch experience this before? Or have any ideas as to what needs to be done? I'll be checking the shifter cable later on.

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
^What these guys said.

Chances are if you haven't already upgraded your CMC, your stocker is broken and leaking.

·
[Drag Racing Mod], [Sales Mod], [Local Team Member
6,689 Posts
ummm this is weird, change your cmc or bleed it properly. If this continue to happen, check your pressure plate.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
my theory on those clips is that they serve no real purpose once the clutch is installed.

As far as the problem itself, it would have to be the a hydraulic issue OR maybe it's just that the clutch is so new that there's not much extra clearance even when it's completely disengaged.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Is you fluid level stable or has it dropped at all while driving?

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Those are TORQUE DRIVE STRAPS, they serve a couple of purposes.
1) They help aid with distribution of torque
2) They move the pressure ring back when the clutch is disengaged

If these are damaged or missing the clutch will have issues disengaging

What purpose do these spring clips serve?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Looks like it might be number 2 more than number, since the picture on the link you gave only has number 2. any idea what number 1's purpose is specifically?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Soooo... A little birdie told me you might have a pressure plate issue. care to elaborate?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts