Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the evo couple weeks ago. This problem started recently. Once in awhile the car idle rough. When I rev the car once in awhile the rpm doesn't drop right away when I let go the gas. And also once in awhile when I shift from like 1st to 2nd the rpm doesn't drop (1st gear 4k rpm, shift to second, rpm stays at 4k doesn't drop at all). What are guy thoughts. I'm thinking there is a leak somewhere. Oh and When I got the car it has an AGP CAI installed already. Don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Just got the evo couple weeks ago. This problem started recently. Once in awhile the car idle rough. When I rev the car once in awhile the rpm doesn't drop right away when I let go the gas. And also once in awhile when I shift from like 1st to 2nd the rpm doesn't drop (1st gear 4k rpm, shift to second, rpm stays at 4k doesn't drop at all). What are guy thoughts. I'm thinking there is a leak somewhere. Oh and When I got the car it has an AGP CAI installed already. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Normal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The rough idle is completely normal, nothing to be worried about. Assuming you have a MR, the second problem could be completely normal too. With the gear ratios as close as they are, I could see that happening occasionally if you accelerate at the exact right speed. I've never seen it happen myself, mine is a GSR.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

·
Banned
3,990 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Assuming you got the car used, since you said it has a AGP CAI ( on the car already or just recently installed it?). Is the car tuned? The AGP CAI is a 3 inch maf housing. The stock is 2.5. It MIGHT be throwing the car off a bit.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rough idle is completely normal, nothing to be worried about. Assuming you have a MR, the second problem could be completely normal too. With the gear ratios as close as they are, I could see that happening occasionally if you accelerate at the exact right speed. I've never seen it happen myself, mine is a GSR.
I have the GSR. It was tuned. I mean its just weird that it does that. The car has 66k on it so I'm out of warranty. I'm getting the AP from the original owner this week. Boost gauge tomorrow. So I'll test to see what it reads. But for now I'll just check for any leaks or crack in hoses.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Assuming you got the car used, since you said it has a AGP CAI ( on the car already or just recently installed it?). Is the car tuned? The AGP CAI is a 3 inch maf housing. The stock is 2.5. It MIGHT be throwing the car off a bit.
It was on the car when i got it. I believe he told me he tuned it to stage 2 with the AP.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It was on the car when i got it. I believe he told me he tuned it to stage 2 with the AP.
there is no stage 2 map for the agp cai, i know i had that intake on my car before. unless he made a map through ATR with recalibrated maf settings (thank you hollywood_x btw), its not tuned right. like suggested, pro-tune it. wouldn't hurt to check the spark plugs either if they've never been changed with 66k on the car. as for the rpms not dropping, drive by wire is to blame for that, and can't really do much about it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.