Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

They're late, but they're supposed to be here next week. Moore Mitsubishi in West St. Louis County is taking delivery of 3 GSRs: 1 red, 1 silver, and 1 phantom black. Just put a deposit on the phantom black one with the SSS package. SO STOKED! The silver one is spoken for but the red one is still available. Paid sticker for it and got almost full blue book for my 2003 Acura RSX-S. Going to check the DMV next week to see if "EVO X" license plate is spoken for in Missouri...unlikely. I plan to take delivery on Feb. 18th if all goes well. Wanted the MR originally but fears of the SST tunability and reliability, as well as availability, moved me back to the GSR. I'll keep y'all posted!

:rock::godance:

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crispy,

I drive an 02 RSX-S! Initially I was sold on the Evo X until the early reports started coming in and I didn't like the numbers, specifically the weight. But things are looking up now. I'll be interested to hear your opinion seeing that you have the same comparison perspective that I have. I really like my RSX-S and I will have a difficult time selling it. But, I will be either moving to something with AWD or I may just purchase a Corvette Coupe or S2k and worry about what I'm going to drive in the winter when it gets here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jpersinger,

Well yes I really have enjoyed my RSX-S. I did have the chance to drive an '06
RSX-S and the suspension was significantly better in the later years. My current car in comparison feels decidedly sloppy in the corners, especially with the Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 tires I put on it (scary if there's ANY snow though). It's got 42000 miles and I decided it's best to part with it while I can still get good money for it...$13K for a 4 year old car that originally was $22K is pretty good, and it's just out of warranty. The Evo will be a HUGE step forward in cornering and just about every other aspect (okay, I can live without the sunroof). But you're right, the Acura weighs 2760 lbs and the Evo at over 3500 is a LOT heavier. I'll probably flash the ECU though down the road, and if previous gains on the IX by Vishnu or AMS are any indication, we should be able to see around 400hp without any other mods. Of course, my fuel consumption is about to go through the roof...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.