Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would of left the hood vents carbon fiber or black to contrast the hood. Not feeling the white fins. Now it looks tacked in.
Thanks for your input!:thumbup:

Doesnt look all that bad, waiting for update pics.
should have it all ready by next weekend, with a few other things!:)

·
Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
Why'd you end up painting it? I love the design of this hood, but I have a lot of pent up hatred for it, too, after mine came with very shitty finish.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why'd you end up painting it? I love the design of this hood, but I have a lot of pent up hatred for it, too, after mine came with very shitty finish.
I actually picked this hood up at ravapec on Long Island. They had the hood for a few months because it was damaged during shipping. So after a good friend and I made the repairs, it was obvious painting would be the best way to go. I'm not a big fan of too much "panda-ing" either:)

I looked quite a while online for different pics of this hood painted etc. not much out there really. But I remember stumbleing on your thread I think, that is a lot of shit to go through! Sux! my experience was a bit better but it's good to get that info out to the community.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always wanted this hood, i still do. I just heard too much bad thing about this make me scare to pull the trigger on this. Look forward for on car pics
For the price I got this hood at you would have bought it;) it just needed some repairs!

and you painted this WHY?
look closely at the passenger side vents that's why it's painted.

·
Registered
372 Posts
looks good with the paint , i am kinda wondering what it would of looked like the fins being not painted , but i will wait to see it painted on the car.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would recommend an aftermarket latch since the hood is so light.
Plan on getting the areocatch in matte black, just need to order them, eylers thread and others convinced me it's a must.

looks good, aren't you in s.i? never see you around lol.
Haha you mean Strong Island?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks good! I'd like to see what this would've looked like with the fins black as well. Maybe you can paint them black now, after the repairs? Would look good with the other black contrasts on the car.

Either way, nice pick up!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.