Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought id post some pics of my latest modifications. I finally was able to swap my old broken CF front lip with a voltex lip which id been waiting for the last 6 weeks to arrive. Love the way it looks, I dont think its remotely outrageous like some people seem to think.

As well I have a big focus on weight savings this year, and part of my plan included making the switch to lightweight front seats. I ended up going with the recaro pole position in the leather/suede version. The pole position with mount weighs under 25lbs, which is a massive savings over the OEM leather seat. This seat is ridiculously sexy, very comfortable and exceeds the quality of the OEM seat. I will be getting a second pole position at some point.
The seat is mounted on recaro side mounts, bolted to a bride FO rail. Seat sits slightly lower than stock. My only gripe is I would have liked the seat to sit an inch or two lower.

I apologize for the shitty image quality, I can try and take some better pics when its bright out, if anyone is interested.

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Due to enormous demand for more images, I took some more pics today even though I dont have the super low rails installed. With the Buddy club rails im told I should be able to get the seat around 2-2.5" lower, which will be perfect. Seat is around stock height ATM. I forgot to take more pics of the Voltex lip, but i guess thats okay since theres plenty of pics floating around of that anyways :p I also tried to include more of the custom bolt in cage.

The seat is FIA certified as of Nov 2011, brand new off the line :)

Proper harness mounting:
Please note the shoulder straps do not angle more than 20 degrees downward towards the rear, and you cant see it but the 6 point crotch strap goes straight down and wraps around the sub belt bar.

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might get a set of buddy club rails to get the seating position down lower... thats the only thing bothering me.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
what did you do about the airbag warnings.

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing, just live with it. Theres a icon that stays on and the airbag warning screen you have to clear whenever you start the car. But as I dont have TPMS at the moment I have to clear that screen anyways :p

·
[E-Tuner]
15,861 Posts
I might get a set of buddy club rails to get the seating position down lower... thats the only thing bothering me.
The buddy club seat rails are really nice. I love how low they are.

what did you do about the airbag warnings.
Its pointless to do the resistor trick to the airbags because once you remove the passenger weight sensors, the airbag light will always be on.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Gotcha. I'm looking at the Profi XL. Not sure if I'll pull the passenger seat or swap it out.

Love the orange cage.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
More pics. I'll be getting seats as well but it won't be till after my deployment sometime

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Why the XL? Are you a big guy?
yup im a fatty. 6'1 @ 255lbs but steadily losing weight. Goal is to be around 220lbs buy the first NASA race here in the Dallas area. I bulk every winter LOL.

sorry to get OT OP

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Joey I thought you got out of the forces? I ordered from a local place called invision auto imports, theyve always been good to me and had the best delivered price. Couldnt find a shop in the US that had the voltex in stock. Come to think of it, the leather/suede pole position seats are out of stock most places too :(

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Moar pics!!!

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive got the buddy club rails coming, to try and get the seats a bit lower. Ill post updated pics once thats all finished and hopefully the seats are at the correct height.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts