Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. This is my first post so be gentle!

Im off to my dealer in Nottingham, England on Wednesday to hopefully order and pay my deposit on the Evo X.

If there are any British members on here do you have any tips for me before placing the order.

Ive pretty much decided on the Black paint job, looks like a stealth fighter:thumbup: Also the FQ330 GSR variant so I get some toys and a bit extra power without going the whole hog for the FQ360.

Anyway I just wanted to ask for any advice and say hi I suppose :shades:

·
Registered
329 Posts
haha, sup Gumbo and welcome to these forums.

I am having a MAJOR MAJOR dilemma, I can't decide between white or black. And after seeing a Graphite Gray 2008 Lancer, the GG might be thrown into the mix as well, in turn giving me even a bigger headache. I do realize that the Evo will probably get better paint quality than the lancers so if the GG can look that nice on a regular lancer than my hopes are high that it looks even better.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to update..... I went to my dealer yesterday and paid my deposit on an Evo X in Phantom black. UK spec 330BHP version. Arrives late march/early april. Love it :D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Just to update..... I went to my dealer yesterday and paid my deposit on an Evo X in Phantom black. UK spec 330BHP version. Arrives late march/early april. Love it :D
wahoo!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Gumbo, hows it going? I'm in a similar position to you. I'm planning on going to the Mitsubishi dealer (Chingford) tomorrow to place my order. I wanted the SST, but have decided against that, and now plan to get an FQ360 GSR. Bit expensive, but I'm thinking I may as well get all the goodies and have the warrenty, since I'm not planning to mod whilst the car is under warrenty :)

I don't know about the colour though! I wanted silver first but its looks a bit plain, so may well be black.

Thanks to the other guys for posting pics of theirs evo x's. Can't wait to get mine now.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Gumbo, hows it going? I'm in a similar position to you. I'm planning on going to the Mitsubishi dealer (Chingford) tomorrow to place my order. I wanted the SST, but have decided against that, and now plan to get an FQ360 GSR. Bit expensive, but I'm thinking I may as well get all the goodies and have the warrenty, since I'm not planning to mod whilst the car is under warrenty :)

I don't know about the colour though! I wanted silver first but its looks a bit plain, so may well be black.

Thanks to the other guys for posting pics of theirs evo x's. Can't wait to get mine now.
Nice one mate and thank god another UK member has arrived :thumbup:

I looked at the FQ360 but asked teh dealer if there was anyway he could talk me into "upgrading" to the 360 from the 330 and he said not really, unless I was going to track it and alot of the "extras" would be available as after market add ons for a lower price. can understand what you mean about the warranty though as im an evo and modding noob. Either way Im sure you will love it. Ive never driven a mitsubishi full stop but the dealer said I can be the first in the demo cars when they arrive:godance:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice one mate and thank god another UK member has arrived :thumbup:

I looked at the FQ360 but asked teh dealer if there was anyway he could talk me into "upgrading" to the 360 from the 330 and he said not really, unless I was going to track it and alot of the "extras" would be available as after market add ons for a lower price. can understand what you mean about the warranty though as im an evo and modding noob. Either way Im sure you will love it. Ive never driven a mitsubishi full stop but the dealer said I can be the first in the demo cars when they arrive:godance:
Hi dude. Yeah I thought the parts from the FQ330 will be out on the aftermarket after a while, but to be honest I would rather have them on the car from the start mostly due to the fact that in the first 3 years I won't change anything (me thinks) and would like to have the most power possible for that time :) Like we don't have a gun metal grey colour option! whats that about! what happened to BBS wheels! are you getting them? website doesn't seem to mention them at all! :rock:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi dude. Yeah I thought the parts from the FQ330 will be out on the aftermarket after a while, but to be honest I would rather have them on the car from the start mostly due to the fact that in the first 3 years I won't change anything (me thinks) and would like to have the most power possible for that time :) Like we don't have a gun metal grey colour option! whats that about! what happened to BBS wheels! are you getting them? website doesn't seem to mention them at all! :rock:
No idea whats up with the BBS wheels. The dealer told me they will be an option at some point but not at present. I may just buy some other sweet rims once Ive shredded the first set of tyres! :lol:

I tried to get some insurance quotes today but nobody has the details of the X. I tried some on the IX and they ranged from like £700 to £3000! How the hell do they justify the differences? Still I'll sort something come march/april.

When it arrives my X will be identical to:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.