Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
open up a photo bucket or something? hell with the stupid links. I want to see this bad!
The purpose of the link is to show that Mitsubishi offers an Ex model with the RalliArt style bumpers on their NA non-Ralliart cars. Why is it when I do the same to my car I get comments like wannabe EVO/Ralliart, "you should have just bought a RA", Ricer or suggesting I should put a Turbo emblem on the back? Pure ignorance. The fact is I save $110 a month in gas by not driving the car(~17mpg combined) I usually drove on a daily basis. I just wanted a practical daily driver that was not a Civic, Prius, or Corrolla. The Lancer seemed like the obvious choice.

How about if you get on that plate. This. EVOWNAB jkjk lol :p
Really?:deadhorse:

Maybe my next plate will be this when gas prices hit $5/gall.
30mpg.JPG

Here is a pic of a STOCK Sportback Ex that Mitsubishi offers, just not in the US. I think it looks awesome.

nonRAsportB.JPG

Mitsubishi website:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.cn/lineup/lancer-ex/index.shtml

My car is pretty much a Lancer Ex model that Mitsubishi already offers in other countries. That's all.
Take it for what it's worth.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Update:

This is what the car looks like on this fine rainy day. Crummy pic courtesy of my iPhone. The car is a year old this week and it's been a great commuter car. The Fosgate sound system is pretty good(lacking mid range) but paired with the SAT it keeps me entertained to work and back. The car is "low and slow"(click here: My Best 0-60,1/4 etc. RESULTS) but more than willing to take corners and on-ramps with ease. All-in-all, the Lancer GTS has been a great addition to my car family and just wanted to share....

phoo.JPG

To date:
-OEM Front and rear RA/EX bumpers
-OEM Evo Exhaust
-De-badged then Rebadged Trunk(Lancer)
-Gloss Black Vinyl Roof Wrap
-Tint 35% all around
-B_pillar decal delete
-Evo Licence Plate bracket
-OEM RA Snorkel
-Blacked out foglights (Lamin-X)
-Clear Bra (Ventureshield)
-LED lighting(dome + License Plate)
-Eibach ProKit Springs

-19" TSW Nurburbring Forged Wheels(21lbs)
photo 1.JPG
-Hankook Ventus V12 EVO tires 225/40 19"
Hankook.JPG

·
Registered
122 Posts
Clearly, you did not read my responses. I bought this car with the sole purpose of using it as an inexpensive(<$20k) daily driver(30+mp's). I had planned on tweaking the suspension, wheels and in this case the bumpers all along. No buyers remorse. As far as blowing up on everyone, maybe you can show me how you came to that conclusion. The fact of the matter is that this got to the point where I was personally attacked(post was deleted, thanks MODS), something I did not do.

Falsely impersonating a car much faster? LOL, you take this stuff pretty serious don't you? If anything, I am accurately impersonating an Asian non-RA Ex model which I prefer over the US GTS like I mentioned already in this thread.

Would you consider putting BMW style halo DRL's or Audi LED's on an EVO "f&furiousing" it? Just saying.

BTW, I am NOT sporting a RalliArt or Evolution emblem like your poor analogy would suggest.

OOOOHHHH ok. I did not know that the RA bumper was from another market ralliart. I thought you were putting an evo bumper on or something. I take it back.. the only problem I really had with what you were doing was the body changes.

To answer your last question... putting halo drls or audi leds on an evo is for sure f&furiousing it... there is not even room to argue on that. It's like putting led washer nozzles on your car.. instant tool status.

And you're right... it was a poor analogy now that I understand it was not an evo bumper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
OOOOHHHH ok. I did not know that the RA bumper was from another market ralliart. I thought you were putting an evo bumper on or something. I take it back.. the only problem I really had with what you were doing was the body changes.

To answer your last question... putting halo drls or audi leds on an evo is for sure f&furiousing it... there is not even room to argue on that. It's like putting led washer nozzles on your car.. instant tool status.

And you're right... it was a poor analogy now that I understand it was not an evo bumper.
:thumbup: thanks

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Your GTS looks pretty good actually. I like it. Is the roof black or is that just an illusion?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Looks good man, I like the roof vinyl wrap you did, are you by chance getting black rims? (sorry I haven't read through the entire thread) That would really look good I think! Anyways nice ride :thumbup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
A few pics...

Took a few pictures with the weather getting nicer around here. It's been a great commuter car for the last year. I've been getting ~31mpg on the fwy and ~26-27combined. The 19" TSW's/Eibachs ride pretty good but I think that most of the credit goes to the Hankooks(see above post). I took a closeup shot of the wheel so you can see the actual color of the wheels, as in most pictures because of the lighter color of the car the wheels appears more like matte black instead of their actual matte gray finish. The last thing I did on my car was the RA/Evo hood. Got a good deal on it from a fellow member. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Your ride looks pretty clean...only thing I think the wheels are a little big for my taste...18s would be better imo...like stock GSR wheels potentially...could probably sell your wheels and get stock Enkeis and make a few $ on the switch-up...oh and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Haha yo man, sorry you got shitted on in an introduction thread. You got butthurt, people got butthurt, ah well.

And props to a tastefully modded Lancer. First modded Lancer I've seen that wasn't absolutely disgusting. I come across a lot of lancers with every possible evo part they could throw on it and I avoid em like the plague on the streets.

and to your "would putting audi LEDs on a bmw be F&F'ing it?" question... in a sense, yes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
oh and by the way, your arguing and comeback skills are fuckin horrible dude, how old are you?
I wasn't trying to be a dick in my intro thread. I was genuinely showing restraint when people were being asshats. BTW, after 3 years in my E90 M3(sold now) if you have any questions about the car hit me up in a pm.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a dick in my intro thread. I was genuinely showing restraint when people were being asshats. BTW, after 3 years in my E90 M3(sold now) if you have any questions about the car hit me up in a pm.
Hah, nice. I'll be looking at an E92 but not too many differences so I'll probly have some questions you could help me with... I'll be buying around December-ish...

Thanks.

and I've found m3post is a tad more mature than this forum!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Hah, nice. I'll be looking at an E92 but not too many differences so I'll probly have some questions you could help me with... I'll be buying around December-ish...

Thanks.

and I've found m3post is a tad more mature than this forum!
I'm on there. You can see my threads(///metak), I got several Dinan mods as soon as they became available. M3posts has a lot of great info/discussion. Good luck w/ the hunt!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts