Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with the regional manager of mitsu for the Midwest. I asked him if mitsu was going to give any of the preordered MR's a break on the depreciated value of the vehicle and they are saying a very disappointing, no! Even the regional manager expressed his disappointment about Mitsubishi's decision. I'm soooo pisssed at mitsu right now, I just might start looking at bmw and audi. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
77 Posts
dude, what are you talking about?

MR might first come out as an 09 model sometime during summer so how can you talk about deperciation.

Then again, how did you pre-order a vehicle that has not been officially released, including its price? Did you take the dealers word for it as you were signing the dotted line? If so, then you know who to blame.

Just spoke with the regional manager of mitsu for the Midwest. I asked him if mitsu was going to give any of the preordered MR's a break on the depreciated value of the vehicle and they are saying a very disappointing, no! Even the regional manager expressed his disappointment about Mitsubishi's decision. I'm soooo pisssed at mitsu right now, I just might start looking at bmw and audi. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
[Bone Closet Mod], [Marketplace Mod]
1,851 Posts

MR might first come out as an 09 model sometime during summer so how can you talk about deperciation.

Then again, how did you pre-order a vehicle that has not been officially released, including its price? Did you take the dealers word for it as you were signing the dotted line? If so, then you know who to blame.
Yea I agree, I don't quite follow his logic either. As far as I know dealers were only taking refundable $500 deposits for a spot in line.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Based on the current info the MR should be released within the next 6 weeks as an 08 model. I believe the OP was basing his complaint on that, since an 08 model coming out only a few months before the beginning of the 09 model year could cause some premature depreciation.

Although based on my research Evos are one of the top cars for holding their resale value, so it may not be as bad as he thinks.

Dan

·
Registered
949 Posts
You arent kidding on the value man. Evo's have outperformed almost all other cars in value retention. I only lost 8k in 4 years on my VIII.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I preordered the car months ago! The dealer knew how many they were getting, and what color/options they would have. I put $1000 big ones down for it and was locked in at a price range..... It will not come out as an 09 model, it will be released as an 08 which is complete BS because the dealer is alreadddddy receiving 09s in their other models!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
You can call it a deposit if you like. Same thing I'm doing with a dealership in Chicago as Voodooman79 mentioned. Put down $500 on the car which they know they are getting and with what I options I wanted.

They said that they are getting a set amount of cars and already had each one outfitted with certain options. Some fully loaded and some not. They also gave me general idea of when car is coming out and what its gonna set me back, heh.

·
Registered
77 Posts
again, you made an impulsive move by putting down deposit on car that wasnt even out yet, so take it like a man and live with your choice and dont blame the world for it.

i have done similiar thing in the past (not the complaining part) so you are not alone, if that helps

I preordered the car months ago! The dealer knew how many they were getting, and what color/options they would have. I put $1000 big ones down for it and was locked in at a price range..... It will not come out as an 09 model, it will be released as an 08 which is complete BS because the dealer is alreadddddy receiving 09s in their other models!!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I think there a there are at least a few Canadian MR buyers that have had their deposits down for a while...not just consideration/holding spot in line. I've got 3K down, other have 1K down etc. Price has been announced for MR quite a while back in Canada...dunno what on earth is going on with the USA.

verkion

·
Registered
652 Posts
Based on the current info the MR should be released within the next 6 weeks as an 08 model. I believe the OP was basing his complaint on that, since an 08 model coming out only a few months before the beginning of the 09 model year could cause some premature depreciation.

Although based on my research Evos are one of the top cars for holding their resale value, so it may not be as bad as he thinks.

Dan
:+1:

I also did some research before I bought my car and yes Evo's do have one damn good hold on their resale values.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.