Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=6387

This is the best review of the car yet. I won't spoil the results of the comparison tests, but in addition the reading the article, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO. Seeing the evo's handling at it's best is incredible. Note that they turn off the asc completely, leave the ayc on, and set it to tarmac. This seems to net the best results that can be gotten out of the car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
like i said before...fck the haters

all the idiots on evom talking trash about the x after it didn't do so well against the STI in another car mag review....what excuse are the haters going to come up with this time?

Evo X MR ftw.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

all the idiots on evom talking trash about the x after it didn't do so well against the STI in another car mag review....what excuse are the haters going to come up with this time?

Evo X MR ftw.
ah yes that is so true one reason why i left from there i hate evom.evoxforums FTW.

·
[Rally Driving Madman]
2,500 Posts
:pnothing new ... the evo wins against the STI :bowlol:

Still lot to do with the driver. The Evo was always more driver "friendly" . So to keep up with the STI you need to be more talented driver. But when you get a good driver the STI can keep up with the evo. I don't know about the X vs 09 STI though.
Seems to me 2.5 sec tell something about the driver too. Never before any test they did, MR came out with this much gap. So the driver help /S-AWC/ really does the job for lesser drivers.:godance:

big thumbs up for the X!:rock:

·
Registered
95 Posts

Evo X MR ftw.
lol...from what i see, a lot of the hating has toned down since a few months ago, not sure if they had a change of heart or just straight got owned and dont want to admit it, but a hate post here or there sometimes come (from the same idiot(s)) that just make me laugh

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you think it's good on the Dry Tarmac, wait till you put it in Gravel mode and whip around in the Wet Tarmac. It's been raining all week in the Bay Area and it's just a blast. I'm having more in the X in the Wet than i do in the wet in my Race prepped Evo 8. I still wouldn't trade roles of my Evos... They worked out perfectly

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I've noticed that the hating has toned down quite a bit on evom. The early evo X tests in the magazines were pre-production models that gave varying less-than-impressive straight line results, but clearly now that the kinks have been worked out, the car is showing that it's quite capable indeed. And, I talked to my local dealer (the one that I placed a deposit with 3 months ago), and they told me that he will be more than happy to match norco's offer of invoice + 500.00, so I'm getting the car for below MSRP guaranteed! Plus, although the one that I ordered was white, he said that if I like a different colored/option equiped car that they have on the lot (they're getting like 8 of them), that I can get whichever one I like! I no longer am worried about getting the car for an affordable price. Peace of mind, you can't put a price on that.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i really like that the evo was still faster in both trims mr and gsr over the sti.it also hugged the corners better then the subbie.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you think it's good on the Dry Tarmac, wait till you put it in Gravel mode and whip around in the Wet Tarmac. It's been raining all week in the Bay Area and it's just a blast. I'm having more in the X in the Wet than i do in the wet in my Race prepped Evo 8. I still wouldn't trade roles of my Evos... They worked out perfectly
if you can only keep one which would you choose?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Nice review and video. This is a great result for the Evo X. It is truly an amazing car! This would be the car for me if I was going to track it regularly and not need much cargo room in the back.

Take a look at the data sheet:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/download/0308_cover_mitsuVwrx_chart.pdf

With respect to straight line acceleration, looking at the gear ratios for the GSR and STI I see the STI needs to shift to 3rd to get to 60 mph while the GSR gets there in 2nd gear. This is a common feature when comparing cars with 5 speed versus 6 speed gear boxes. The data seems to show that the driver in the STI took a long time to shift from 2nd to 3rd judging by the fact that up to 50 mph it was 0.2 seconds ahead of the Evo then 0.1 seconds behind at 60 mph. I still think the STI will do better in a straight line, whether looking at 60 mph times or 1/4 mile times, as evidenced by many other comparisons, but it comes down to the driver, too.

But who takes life a 1/4 mile at a time? :) The Evo X kills on the twisties with its lack of understeer compared to the STI, a completely tossable car!

Congrats to all the new Evo X owners out there. But I hope you are all very careful!!! You are driving a machine that needs to be respected. Also respect everyone else on the road, including pedestrians, and don't do anything stupid. If you want to race your car, take it to the track or strip. /rant

·
Registered
62 Posts
:shades:

Meh, it'll keep on like that if Subaru didn't improve the handling, performance and styling like Evo does

It's no wonder Evo keep on winning, cause it still better than Subaru does

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.