Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling it will be a little lonely for awhile.. but do post here and we'll get a local discussion going. :)

Meets
local events
problem dealers
local deals etc.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that K&N filter i got was a pod not element for the air box.
mate can you take a pic of your engine bay with the new pod in there? Did you notice any improvement in performance and fuel usage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey guys i take delivery of my Evolution MR in another week... im stoked!

Cant wait to see what all the hype has been about. TC-SST should be interesting....

Sold the 350Z for this so hope this car blows my mind.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
make sure you post pics and your mods list when you decide what youre doing to it!! congrats. whereabouts are you based?

·
Registered
135 Posts
HI Guys

Just joined up! I havent ordered MR yet as I am waiting till the finance contract is up on the Bimmer in Jan 09. Hopefully a few mods by then and will up spec.. then give it to Alan Heaphy to tune :)

Glad to be part of the forum... tripped over this site actually.. devine intervention LOL

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome. welcome Dundee. Good luck with the wait.. sounds like a long one till Jan next year..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks on2it. I have just been reading all the stuff in the forum on SST.. chit did you experience any of the issues? Seems a bit dodgy to pay the $$ for the perceived glitches!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I chose the 5spd manual because of my prefered driving style. I would have chosen the SST if I didnt prefer manuals.

I think all teething issues will be ironed out by the time yours rolls around. It really comes down to what you want from your evox. If you are going to heavily mod it, then you should consider the 5 spd, if your not and perhaps peak at modding it to 360HP then you should keep it..

also note if you are going to use it as a daily driver, some users have reported problems when sitting in hot traffic for extended periods of time.

I was lucky enough to get a GSR 5spd with all the options of an MR except no rockford fosgate system and no SST.

Personally I think the extra $$ is worth the SST, but it really up to your driving preference and your driving goals.. the SST is supposed to be quite flattering/neat to driver for the newbie track driver as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I chose the 5spd manual because of my prefered driving style. I would have chosen the SST if I didnt prefer manuals.

I think all teething issues will be ironed out by the time yours rolls around. It really comes down to what you want from your evox. If you are going to heavily mod it, then you should consider the 5 spd, if your not and perhaps peak at modding it to 360HP then you should keep it..

also note if you are going to use it as a daily driver, some users have reported problems when sitting in hot traffic for extended periods of time.

I was lucky enough to get a GSR 5spd with all the options of an MR except no rockford fosgate system and no SST.

Personally I think the extra $$ is worth the SST, but it really up to your driving preference and your driving goals.. the SST is supposed to be quite flattering/neat to driver for the newbie track driver as well.
Thanks for the info on2it. I do prefer the SST and plan to give the car to Alan Heaphy who prepared the two evo 9s that beat the 335i Bimmers in the recent Bathurst 12 hour. He tweeks the car without breaking it and voiding the Factory Warrenty. - I expect he will take it to 360HP

I will do the occasional tarmac track day as a punter so SST should be ok.- Not too many hot laps allowed!

I will use the paddles in traffic and suspect I will use them more than Auto for a while.

You have a nice machine! Lucky bugger :)

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool. Torque Performance hasnt come out with anything yet. STM seem a little pricey. WRCdevelopments seem to be in the know, Im waiting for their pricing to book my baby in.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welcome again Dundee update us when you can.

·
Registered
158 Posts
With all the issues I read about on SST I am seriously thinking of ordering a 5MT
WHAT ISSUES?

Haven't seen or heard any, I've done the best part of 10k on mine no drama's at all. Well one drama, i can't keep the mrs out of my car, she uses half a tank of gas whenever she drives it too!

There are a few beople on here worry about every little noise, half of which is the little back fires in the exhaust.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope unfortunatley not. I hadnt heard of about black GSR coming in.. bugger, Im not 'special' anymore ;)

No I was on the shore last Sunday afternoon and I did do a hard drive late last Thursday night to test out the new motorway 18 link to the waitaks.

1 - 20 of 347 Posts