Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

i have been driving an evo x mr for two years and ready to spend some cash on the bad boy.

im pretty sure there is a post about it and i tried to search for it but is the parts for the gsr and mr fitment the same? I seen some website (for parts) that some parts are meant gsr and vice versa?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you response. Cool, i was able to pick up and installed:

ETS Intake
ETS Intercooler Pipping
ETS 4” Black Intercooler
ETS Dump Pipe
Test Pipe
GFB BOV

now ready for a tune! 🤣

anyone got an recommendation on a catback exhaust? Or anything else that is needed to make this setup working fine/safe?

i just realize i am in the wrong category. Should be introduction. Anyhow, ill send photos of the car soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
as long as it’s 3 inches through anything will work just depends what you’re into. Dual or single.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick question:

Ive been searching for turbos on ebay/offerup and keep finding this turbo part number TDO5H-152G6-12T.
And when i called the dealer for a turbo, they gave me 1515A198.

is it the same?

also, how do you guys feel about buying used turbo? I have been taking to english racing and they said it isnt common for our turbos to go out.

ive been on the fence whether buying a used turbo or new.

thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quick question:

Ive been searching for turbos on ebay/offerup and keep finding this turbo part number TDO5H-152G6-12T.
And when i called the dealer for a turbo, they gave me 1515A198.

is it the same?

also, how do you guys feel about buying used turbo? I have been taking to english racing and they said it isnt common for our turbos to go out.

ive been on the fence whether buying a used turbo or new.

thoughts?

thanks
For stock OEM turbo, used should be fine as long as there's no shaft play and also make sure no studs are broken. Turbos are pretty mechanical so there should be minimal risks.

As for big turbos, you should just go for new one. If you're already spending that much, what's a few hundred bucks. When you're making big power, reliability becomes more of a concern so that's just another reliability issue to prevent.

At the end of the day, your money. Some people take chances with ebay turbos

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CFM PERFORMANCE BILLET VALVE COVER BREATHER KIT

maperformance oil catch can

Will these two work together without problems? Like removing too much pressure? I see that on the first website’s picture that they both are being used.

i am very newb when it comes to turbo cars. This is my first turbo’ed vehicle. I tried to search for it but the only thing i saw was about somebodies issue about blowby?

also, when i install the oil catch can, do i need to cover and clamp the small piping thats on the intake?

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts