Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from owning a 4g63 eagle talon to an evo x final edition. Looking to learn more about my new project platform and modify accordingly

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome!

Might want to think about relocating the AYC pump to the trunk since you're in Canada. But hope you like the new platform.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Upgrade the clutch master cylinder and if you have the plastic valve cover switch it to the aluminum cover. Also, find you a good catch can setup.

·
Registered
'15 FE
21 Posts
In addition to an upgraded CMC, I'd recommend removing the restrictor pill in the slave cylinder. There are a handful of threads that already explain this, but imo it does help with more predictable clutch behavior.

This is a personal preference thing, but I went from an S2000 to also a Final Edition (#369). The first thing I had to change was a lot of how the car shifted. The strokes felt too long and sloppy coming from the S2K. I changed the base and linkage bushings from rubber to aluminum, the gate selector bushing to bronze (AMS sells these kits), and went to a shorter throw (Cobb) and heavier knob which was phenomenally better- still not as good, but much better. The gas pedal felt too spaced to heal-toe coming from the S2K so I put an adapter plate on it. I used to drive the car through winter and also recommend you relocate the AYC pump as mentioned earlier (I replaced mine under warranty).

If you're on the stock clutch, odds are that will go first depending how you drive the car. There's a lot of threads explaining the easiest ways to get power and builds revolving around specific power goals I'd read depending what you're trying to accomplish. A simple intake, exhaust, boost controller, and proper tune will yield you the quickest and easiest results. I'd recommend you get the vehicle properly tuned if you mess with any of those.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not sure if the problem exists with the the final edition Evo, but the relays tend to go bad. Most Evo X owners swap out the relays with new ones every so often as a precaution. You especially don't want your fuel pump relay going bad. If you search the forums there is a lot of information on which relays you need to replace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The relays seem to be an issue with a majority of the X's (so it would seem) but MAPerformance has a kit that has all the relays/fuses needed. Bought one just to have on hand in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts