Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Newbie with question.

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Robevo 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

So i just signed all the paper work and i pick up my grey GSR tomorrow (they had to replace a fuel pump on another evo and swapped with mine and are installing a new one in mine.)

Anyway, because I'm picking it up tomorrow I have a chance to think about and decide if i should purchase the extended warranty stuff. basically for $60/month i get:

6year/100,000mile bumper to bumper (as opposed to 3/30)

5year/60,000mile car service (including Lube, oil, and filter, tire rotation and 15 point vehicle inspection every 3,750miles)
How much do you guys pay for those services in a year?

Road Hazard Tire Plan; Pays up to $40 worth of tire/wheel damage caused by road hazards, $5000 lifetime maximum. (so everything above $40/incedent is out my pocket)

3 year Theft deterent Product, includes "Theft deterent system" (wtf is that?) and "Coverage may provide $5000 benifit if vehicle is stolen and not recovered."

Anyway, curious if you guys think that that is worth it. I'm thinking its $720 a year for ~$250 worth of services free. so like $450 a year for a 6year/100000 mile bumper to bumper. and then maybe 5k more than whatever insurance would pay if my car gets stolen.

its tempting lol.

See less See more
#4 ·
its aftermarket.

#5 ·
its aftermarket, someplace call JM&A Group. but it says its fully transferable. which might be nice if i ever had to sell it (pray that never happens).

but shit, its an extra $4,500.

#9 ·
$4500 ??? Holy Crap! That's crazy expensive!

To give you a point of reference, when I bought my Evo, I could have added a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty for $1400. The reason I chose not to is that since it's aftermarket you can do it at anytime and I'm pretty sure I'll mod my Evo at some point.

I would seriously shop around and/or add it later.

#6 ·
If the warranty covers your planned modifications then its worth it.
It if doesn't and you plan to mod, I wouldn't bother going for the max one.

#8 ·
If you do decide to use them, do some research on how easy they are to work with. Ideally, all you want to have to do is show up at the dealership, say part Y is broken, and they do the work and bill the warranty. You dont ever want to have to haggle, or talk to the warranty provider. Also note that the Warranty on the Evo X has been extended to 5 years.

#10 ·
what do you mean the warranty has been extended to 5 years? the bumper to bumper or powertrain? I thought bumper to bumper was only 3years

#12 ·
ok, thought thats what you might be reffering to. But thats the warranty on the base lancer. I should know I'm trading in my gts for the evo LOL. Anyway I highly doubt that that is in fact the new warranty. I think thats just a mistake on mitsu's part and wouldn't be surprised if they get letters again in a week saying "oops, we messed up, your warranty actually is..."

#14 · (Edited)
Took some photos with my cell phone, they're not great but yeah. the car is awesome!

#16 ·
Congrats!!

#17 ·
I'm a lawyer and I never buy the extended warranty. Anyway, you can buy an extended warranty at any time before the original warranty expires, and $4500 is shockingly high. Short answer: Don't do it. Decline all the junk the Finance office at the dealership will try to sell you; you don't need any of it!!!!!

#19 ·
It came with just the sss but i had them transfer the navi over from my lancer gts as part of the trade in. And thanks for the advice, I think I'm gonna cancel the extended warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.