Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, maybe about 2 months ago i got some hawk HP+ brake pads, and had the rotors re-surfaced.
when coming to a stop at a light or stop sign, it sounds and feels like theres a rock caught in-between the rotor and the pads. i realize that there more of a racing pad, and that their gonna screech, and i do drive em daily, but is the grinding normal? (I've read in other threads like this about a warning light coming on, i have no light)

other then the noise and the grinding feeling they're great pads, they stop on a dime for sure.

anyone else with HP+ or just performance pads have this issue? is it ok to drive on em?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they screech like a banshee at all speeds, but i guess thats how the hawk pads are, or at least thats what all the online reviews said. But on top of the screech there is a grind. Only at like 15mph and under. The grind is my main concern

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would say that if nothing looks out of the ordinary try re-bedding them. I have the same pads and they were pretty bad until I got them good and hot by braking hard from 60-10 about 8-10 times then letting them cool down. Don't come to a complete stop until your rotors have a chance to cool down afterwards. Still though they are very noisy and get a lot of dust. As long as you installed them correctly and resurfaced your rotors you should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.