Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

I’m stuck on what I should get next for a mod on my EVO . My current setup are as follow :

ETS cold air intake
Radium catch can
ETS catted test pipe
A/F and boost AEM gauges
ETS extreme V3 catback exhaust

Should I get a down pipe ? Any suggestions how about a manifold ? If so what type ?
Injectors or fuel rail ??? Intercooler ?

My goal is 600Whp on e85 and 500 on pump 93

Maybe getting fuel pump walbro 450 with 1650 FIC injectors and fuel rail ? Will this hurt my stock setup if I go get it tuned ?

How about turbo ? What would be a good choice ?

I dint plan on tracking the car . Just some pulls and daily driving ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Intercooler is a must for your goals and requires the least amount of work.
Fuel would be the next logical step since you'll need it when you go bigger turbo.
600WHP is probably going to need cams so I'd go with those next.
Then, when you get your turbo picked out, you'll be able to figure out if you need to change your exhaust manifold and/or downpipe. I wouldn't upgrade these until you figure out the turbo you want to run.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intercooler is a must for your goals and requires the least amount of work.
Fuel would be the next logical step since you'll need it when you go bigger turbo.
600WHP is probably going to need cams so I'd go with those next.
Then, when you get your turbo picked out, you'll be able to figure out if you need to change your exhaust manifold and/or downpipe. I wouldn't upgrade these until you figure out the turbo you want to run.
Thank you for your response . I was thinking of the AMS widemouth intercooler which is $200 cheaper than the ETS recirculating, then I was thinking ETS intercooler. Then I wanted to maybe go with either 1650 or 2150 FIC injectors . What you think ? And a walbro 450 pump . Then yes I would have to pick a turbo which is quite the selection . Than a manifold . I was thinking of the sheep manifold but we will see . If I do the following ... intercooler , downpipe , fuel injectors , fuel pump (flex fuel ) obviously I need a tune but will it hurt the engine with a stock turbo ? I want to wait for the turbo but I want to get those mods out the way .. what’s your thoughts ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank you for your response . I was thinking of the AMS widemouth intercooler which is $200 cheaper than the ETS recirculating, then I was thinking ETS intercooler. Then I wanted to maybe go with either 1650 or 2150 FIC injectors . What you think ? And a walbro 450 pump . Then yes I would have to pick a turbo which is quite the selection . Than a manifold . I was thinking of the sheep manifold but we will see . If I do the following ... intercooler , downpipe , fuel injectors , fuel pump (flex fuel ) obviously I need a tune but will it hurt the engine with a stock turbo ? I want to wait for the turbo but I want to get those mods out the way .. what’s your thoughts ?
DOWNPIPE
Im assuming you meant to say an AMS wide mouth DOWNPIPE. many people opt for this one because it is cast stainless steel as opposed to the other competitors.

INTERCOOLER
Like @Splattj mentioned already. An intercooler is a must. ETS’ and AMS’ intercoolers have both been tried and proven but If I remember correctly you have mostly been gathering ETS stuff so i would say going with an ETS intercooler makes sense

FUELING
Larger fuel injectors and a fuel pump are a must. I would highly suggest you ask your tuner what he prefers and recommends working on. Mention your concerns about weird idling to him and go from there.

MANIFOLD
I’ve been told to avoid sheepey all together. look into MAP’s stock replacement manifold.

TURBO
For your specific goals I read a lot of people recommending a gtx 3576r gen 2 turbo. Others can chime in on this. To answer your question, with fbo and e85 your engine will be fine with stock turbo. Just don’t go crazy with the boost. Your limiting factors will be the stock turbo though and your torque numbers. Which brings me to the final point.

TUNE
I would honestly wait until you have everything ready so you just spend the money on one tune and be done. If you were to get tuned with with basic bolt now, that’s one tune. And then later adding the new turbo will be another tune. You see where I’m getting at I hope. Talk to your tuner to see what he recommends and then bring everything all at once.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DOWNPIPE
Im assuming you meant to say an AMS wide mouth DOWNPIPE. many people opt for this one because it is cast stainless steel as opposed to the other competitors.

INTERCOOLER
Like @Splattj mentioned already. An intercooler is a must. ETS’ and AMS’ intercoolers have both been tried and proven but If I remember correctly you have mostly been gathering ETS stuff so i would say going with an ETS intercooler makes sense

FUELING
Larger fuel injectors and a fuel pump are a must. I would highly suggest you ask your tuner what he prefers and recommends working on. Mention your concerns about weird idling to him and go from there.

MANIFOLD
I’ve been told to avoid sheepey all together. look into MAP’s stock replacement manifold.

TURBO
For your specific goals I read a lot of people recommending a gtx 3576r gen 2 turbo. Others can chime in on this. To answer your question, with fbo and e85 your engine will be fine with stock turbo. Just don’t go crazy with the boost. Your limiting factors will be the stock turbo though and your torque numbers. Which brings me to the final point.

TUNE
I would honestly wait until you have everything ready so you just spend the money on one tune and be done. If you were to get tuned with with basic bolt now, that’s one tune. And then later adding the new turbo will be another tune. You see where I’m getting at I hope. Talk to your tuner to see what he recommends and then bring everything all at once.
Yes I mean AMS down pipe . My apologies. And thank you very much for your insight . That’s exactly what I was thinking. Getting everything at once then getting it tuned only one time with everything installed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts