Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Disguise hides next 350Z, which gets bigger V6 and folding hard-top option

These are the world’s first pictures of the new Nissan 350Z, spied on test in Germany.

And while it looks similar to the existing car in this heavy disguise, big changes have been made under the skin – including the introduction of a hard-top for the cabrio.

The current 350Z platform will be revised for the new model, and it will use a tuned version of the Infiniti Coupé’s 3.7-litre V6. The Infiniti marque will arrive here in 2008 as Nissan’s rival to BMW and Lexus. But the next Z-car is set to deliver more driver thrills.

The newcomer is expected to produce around 350bhp – up about 13 per cent – and 358Nm of torque. A six-speed manual or auto gearbox sends power to the rear wheels. With the coupé’s name derived from its 3.5-litre engine size, it’s possible the badge could change to reflect the larger powerplant. Some parts and technologies will also be shared with the brand’s new GT-R supercar, and all will be revealed at November’s Los Angeles Motor Show.

A metal-roofed CC version will replace the soft-top roadster, but will debut later, at the Detroit expo in January. This model will launch in Japan in July 2008, with UK deliveries starting before the end of the same year. As the 350Z is getting more power, the path will be cleared for Nissan to launch its secret new sports car. Work is already underway on a successor to the old 240Z coupé, set to cost around £18,000.

-Autoexpress

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
I was thinking LF-A myself.

Not sure why they disguised this Z...it only draws more attention to it. It looks just like the last one (short of the new weird bulbous headlights).

Anyway, I'm impressed. I was impressed with the first 350Z that had 280'ish HP out of a 6. I was impressed again when it broke 300hp. Now 350 out of an N/A 6? Go Nissan. They're biting on the heels of Porsche.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.