Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering if any one had a nitrous or meth setup used to cool the tranny cooler off. I was wondering if it would be a good alternative to a new tranny cooler for I sporadically track my car but have gotten the slow down message once or twice... Figured it might be an easy way to cool her down between laps... Any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ehh.. it might be a good idea in theory, but will most likely end up being more complicated then just installing a new SST cooler. Especially when there's a few good ones out on the market already like SSP who has a great track record with anything and everything SST. Heard HKS isn't bad either

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
I think the issue that would come form this is the amount of fluid and the amount of heat soak said fluid has. You'd need a lot of cooling on that cooler for this to be effective so much that it would likely need a large tank and likely cost more in the end just just getting a front mount cooler. SST oil is pretty thick so once it's heat soaked it takes lots to cool it. If you do try this approach I'd recommend you start cooling very early, basically once you hit operating temp start cooling to be proactive to the heat.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
+1 on getting the tranny cooler.

The cooling spray will cool the case, and won't do very much to cool the fluid itself compared to a cooler.

You can get a cooler, then spray NAWS on that for super icy oil.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Ehh.. it might be a good idea in theory, but will most likely end up being more complicated then just installing a new SST cooler. Especially when there's a few good ones out on the market already like SSP who has a great track record with anything and everything SST. Heard HKS isn't bad either
/thread

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Or hire some well-trained mice to fan the cooler with some of those fans you see in tent revival meetings..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts