Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a way to add a no lift to shift to my Cobb tune. AMS offers COBB tunes with No Lift Shifts and I've read else where that it's possible but nothing explaining how. My tuner also says he cannot find anything on how to do it for my car. I just sent Cobb an email but in the mean time does anyone know how to do this? If not is there another way to get it like a WOT Box or something?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I'm a bit confused, NLTS is a driving technique, what does it have to do with tuning?

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Once again, what is this "feature"? NLTS is where you shift while staying WOT on the gas pedal? How is this a tuning feature? I sure hope it wouldn't stay wot when you were off the gas pedal, that would seem like a safety hazard.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a bit confused, NLTS is a driving technique, what does it have to do with tuning?
Because you can tune for ignition/fuel cut so that your car holds boost in between shifts, you dont have to take your foot off the accelerate and the rpms wont shoot to redline like they would do if the NLTS mod wasnt on there. I guess what I just said would be a WOT box but it is my understanding that the NLTS feature cuts fuel or ignition to hold boost and rpm inbetween shifts.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Ah I see, thanks for the description. I haven't heard of this feature on the X in opensource or the AP, though I may be incorrect.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
if anything like ecuflash then you just remove the speed limiter from the staionary rev limiter
This would adversely affect your 2 step launch control though unless you want to launch the car at 7k rpms. Likewise our rev limiters are fuel cut only (not ignition cut) which can cause a lean condition and knock when riding it at high loads.

Also if you did this, you might as well just ride the 7600 rev limiter.

·
Registered
867 Posts
why set your launch to 7k? if you no lift with it set for say 5500 it works fine. think if you shift at 8k where you end up rpm wise. my rev limiter is set for 8900 so i doubt not lifting with this not setup would be rather hard on everything.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
why set your launch to 7k? if you no lift with it set for say 5500 it works fine. think if you shift at 8k where you end up rpm wise. my rev limiter is set for 8900 so i doubt not lifting with this not setup would be rather hard on everything.
Your stationary rev limiter is your launch control, so if you were to increase the max speed of it, it would kick in and rev limit you (while moving) to 5500 - or whatever it is set to. As a result you'd have to increase it to 7k if you wanted to use it as a NLTS limit. At which point you might as well just set your current rev limiter to whatever you want to NLTS at.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I remembered seeing this the other day. Please note that you might want to ask them about NLTS. 2 of the best tuners are talking about it on this thread. See Post 223 and keep reading down.

CLICK ME NOW!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Say my rev limit was 8500 and my stationary/launch limter is 5500. under hard accel with my foot off the clutch i could run the car up to 8500. now say i am at 7500 and going to shift with out using no lift i would have to let off the gas or the rpms would shoot to 8500. with no lift setup / stationary rev limiter speed changed to a high mph number when i push the clutch in at 7500 it would engage and go to launch settings at 5500 untill the clutch switch was disengaged again. using this method is not the greatest but it works and can greatly help with things like reduced clutch life and such. also would not be worth it if you had a smaller turbo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.