Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay So I have searched the forums and I couldn’t find what I was looking for pertaining to my issue at hand.

This past Saturday I removed my wheels to have them powder coated, so the car was on jack stands until Monday night. During the time the car was on stands I decided to replace my broken factory cig lighter. This went out on me last winter during a gauge install that touched grounds and caused the lighter to stop working.

I proceeded to remove the center console and shifter boot ect and removed the old cig lighter and taped the old lines off. In the center console there was a plug that didn’t connect to anything that had power going to it so I decided to tap into that and run a new power to the replacement lighter. Everything worked fine but then the lighter stopped getting power and now my service required light is on along with my A/C is not turning on anymore. I am also not getting any air to blow out at all. I then check my fuses unter the dash for the AWD system and its reading full amps, I also checked my A/C fuse and that is reading no problem as well. The car is running fine and I am sure this is an electrical issue that I brought upon myself. Has anyone had this happen or know where I could possibly start at to find this problem and rectify the situation.

Recap
No A/C
No air blowing out even when turned on
Service required light on

Please help.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well if there is no engagement that would be a separate issue. The resistor pack is located behind the glove box.

I would also guess that there is a relay for the AC. Many of the curcuits have relays on them.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Check the resistor for sure. But if its broken. It just blows air on high.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
the orphan plug you found in the center console is supposed to be used for the SAWC switch if you do the conversion to mount the stereo volume controls on the steering wheel and probably shouldn't have anything hooked up for power. First step would be to undo this and do a proper repair of the lighter, hoping that you didn't fry anything with the wiring you did.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
step 1: put everything back the way it should be.
step 2: diagnose

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
reverse your actions like the guys have suggested. Youv'e obviously tapped into something that wasn't compatable.

If that dosn't work then you'll have to do a wire trace.

You'll probably just have blown a fuse or resistor due to the high voltage required for the cig lighter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts