Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I ordered vland headlights a couple months ago and they are already installed but can’t figure out the high beam problem, everything works but my highbeams.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a set as well and yes it’s confirmed . It has no high beams . But one hung I don’t understand is that it is not bright at all at night time . I can barely see the road . Can anyone relate ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
It depends on your factory headlight. The vlands are bixenon so they have a shutter that opens on the HID projector for high beam. It won't make the output brighter, it just raises the cutoff. Are you using HIDs in them or halogen bulbs. There should have been an adapter harness for getting the high beam signal. I've also read that if you're replacing the factory HIDs, you'll have to modify the harness as they are meant for a halogen car. Also, a lot of vland guys upgrade to a D2S bulb/ballast as it will fit and has better output.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It depends on your factory headlight. The vlands are bixenon so they have a shutter that opens on the HID projector for high beam. It won't make the output brighter, it just raises the cutoff. Are you using HIDs in them or halogen bulbs. There should have been an adapter harness for getting the high beam signal. I've also read that if you're replacing the factory HIDs, you'll have to modify the harness as they are meant for a halogen car. Also, a lot of vland guys upgrade to a D2S bulb/ballast as it will fit and has better output.
Thanks for the input . When i purchased the vland , it cane with no bulb . Merchant sent me a pair of V3 bulbs which does not need ballast to work . These are the ones I have ..
Now if these are not the ones I should be running , basically what your saying is get another set but that runs with a ballast to improve visibility ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've found LED bulbs to be a total crapshoot. You could try a different set (a lot depends on LED type, placement, depth, etc.) and hope to get better or you could get a set of reasonable quality D2S HID bulbs and ballast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts