Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that the new 2011 Ralliart or any Ralliart in that matter doesn't have the option of a 5 speed manual? :wtfsign: Because I really want a turbo and my regular GTS doesn't fill my needs for excitement anymore. BUT i do not want the Ralliart if it doesn't come in a manual. I LIKE MANUALS!! Not stupid fake paddle shifters for GIRLS! :) PLEASE TELL ME THEY IS SUCH A THING AS A 5 SPEED RALLIART. Im currently not rich enough for an EVO :(

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Ralliart only comes with the SST, correct.

You're bound to make friends and influence people by suggesting the SST is an "automatic" and only "girls" drive them. I look forward to posts from you in the future.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Ralliart only comes with the SST, correct.

You're bound to make friends and influence people by suggesting the SST is an "automatic" and only "girls" drive them. I look forward to posts from you in the future.

what he said^

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
man i must be a big girl. how about you buy a GSR then?

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
The WRX is a much better car in stock form than the Ralliart. And for the amount of money most people are dumping into their Rallairts (read: not that much), the WRX will net you an equal amount of power without the hassle of the SST.

Neither car is attractive. They're both ricers.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
The WRX is a much better car in stock form than the Ralliart. And for the amount of money most people are dumping into their Rallairts (read: not that much), the WRX will net you an equal amount of power without the hassle of the SST.

Neither car is attractive. They're both faster than your RalliArt.

Fixed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pretty? ...and you said paddle shift is girly? If your looking for affordable performance, the subaru wrx is the way to go. I think they are rated to around 235 bhp, which is definitely a step up from where you are at. Test drive one, then make a decision. Hell test drive the new ralli-art, you may like the SST.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I love my SST, so smooth, maybe get an older evo then if you don't like it, there's a reason the stock GSR got beat by the stock MR around the track.
Well certainly the SST is a "smooth" shift, and is going to shift faster than any human being. However, I do understand how the OP feels about having a 5-speed. I bought a GSR because it feels more like you are driving the car. I drove the MR and will say, I was amazed at how "smooth" it was. But I still bought the GSR because it was more suited to my preferences.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Well certainly the SST is a "smooth" shift, and is going to shift faster than any human being. However, I do understand how the OP feels about having a 5-speed. I bought a GSR because it feels more like you are driving the car. I drove the MR and will say, I was amazed at how "smooth" it was. But I still bought the GSR because it was more suited to my preferences.
That's true, how most people are, I'm also lazy lol.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
HAS to be a reason why most the luxury sports cars out there have paddle shifters. Those must be "girly" too. I would hate to pull up in my GT-R or F-430 in a parking lot full of people and think to myself "damn, I'm so embarrassed driving a girly paddle shifter car".

Preference is one thing but to state something like the shifters are "girly" is just plain rediculous

·
Resting in Peace
7,218 Posts
Preference is one thing but to state something like the shifters are "girly" is just plain rediculous
Yeah, well...it's the same reason that I prefer the Evo to an R8 as well--the engine in the R8 is so smooth that it doesn't feel beast like a 4cyl turbo does.

Top Gear chooses the Caterham over the Lotus 2Eleven in a review that I watched...it was slower but they preferred the driving experience.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.