Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally have a tune-date for my baby but before I go I need to get a fuel pump. I have ID1000's. I was thinking the DW300(mainly cuz its quieter) would be good for my goals (430-450whp/360-380tq). Suggestions?

Here's what the build is gonna consist of:

(Already have AMS downpipe and ETS high flow cat installed)
AEM Intake
Perrin U/LICP
AMS Intercooler
GS 3 port BCS
ID1000's
DW300...:confused:
BB FP Black...:D

Seriously can't wait for this transformation!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
your stock manifold might hold you back a little bit...maybe look into the full race pro stock mani or a map mani. I would say atleast port the stocker. But even without, you should be able to reach your goals.

·
Registered
614 Posts
your stock manifold might hold you back a little bit...maybe look into the full race pro stock mani or a map mani. I would say atleast port the stocker. But even without, you should be able to reach your goals.
^^^This and a exhaust :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Without an exhaust the spool on the FP Black (BB or not) is going to be absolutely awful unfortunately. Given your goals in terms of hp, I think you should be able to reach those numbers on stock fuel pump.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without an exhaust the spool on the FP Black (BB or not) is going to be absolutely awful unfortunately. Given your goals in terms of hp, I think you should be able to reach those numbers on stock fuel pump.
How bad? I'm fine with it hitting at around 4500.

Also, I saw on some thread where Clips3 was saying that there wasn't any big difference between the stocker and an aftermarket. Maybe he was just referring to the Red or maybe I misunderstood something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
[E-Tuner]
15,920 Posts
How bad? I'm fine with it hitting at around 4500.

Also, I saw on some thread where Clips3 was saying that there wasn't any big difference between the stocker and an aftermarket. Maybe he was just referring to the Red or maybe I misunderstood something.
You should be able to get the black fully spooled around 4k rpm

Unless your running the stock cat-back

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
You should be able to get the black fully spooled around 4k rpm

Unless your running the stock cat-back
I dunno about all that maybe with right parts and fuel... Otherwise I would think 4200-4500 is more likely.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I dunno about all that maybe with right parts and fuel... Otherwise I would think 4200-4500 is more likely.
Yeah I was thinking that too. Especially with the HFC. BB or not.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
[E-Tuner]
15,920 Posts
That is with a ported exhaust mani, E-70 fuel, and a test pipe. This guy is a non ported exhaust mani, a 300 cell HFC, and, I assume, 93.
ok, and like people suggested in the prior posts to get his exhaust manifold ported

I didnt say fully spooled AT 4k rpm, I said fully spooled AROUND 4k rpm, lol

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
ok, and like people suggested in the prior posts to get his exhaust manifold ported

I didnt say fully spooled AT 4k rpm, I said fully spooled AROUND 4k rpm, lol
Lol just don't set his expectations too high! Don't want him to be a PITA for some poor tuner thinking he's going to get 4k spool! :bowlol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol just don't set his expectations too high! Don't want him to be a PITA for some poor tuner thinking he's going to get 4k spool! :bowlol:
Good looking out , man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.