Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I came across a smokin' deal on thursday, and now I'm rollin in a 335i Sedan. I know the sacrifices I made by switching over, but I'm content with the purchase. With that being said, I'll be posting up my perrin exhaust that is in transit as well as my SC test pipe, both of which will still be in the original packaging. I'll probably let the combo go for 650 picked up 600+shipping+3.5% if using paypal. Now back to the bimmer! The obvious differences are the luxuries.

I got the steptronic auto with the sport package, premium package and navigation. The seats work wonders on my back with the lumbar support and adjustable bolsters. It has a lot of grunt, and I've already got a flash and exhaust lined up; just the flash and exhaust on 91oct made 380whp on a dynojet! With FMIC, Intakes, downpipes and exhaust - catless, it made over 400whp on 91. So power will not be lacking, but obviously the cost of modding will increase 10 fold. Now, the handling, well the car cannot even compare to the X. Not nearly as nimble and the steering is not as precise, but it still handles exceptionally well nonetheless.

My reasons for the switch were a combination of my bad back, I need anything I can get to help it out, lol. Then the fact that I'm a daily driver type of guy who does the spirited driving on back country roads, so my need for an out of the box race car with minimal luxuries is almost non existent, although I did LOVE the X. I also have a bit of a commute, and obviously the X cannot compare, my combined city-highway average is 26mpg!!!

As I'm reading this, I feel like an old man lol, listing all these silly reasons. Well maybe one day after I get a real job I'll buy the EVO XII. Keep your eyes peeled for my exhaust to show up officially in a few days!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats. I came from an Acura Tsx and though not as luxurious as the Bimmer, I can def say I miss some of the features going to an X. My friend has the coupe 335 and damn it's nice in there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Post some pics up! Also r u willing to sell the sc testpipe alone? If so how much?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
thanks for the the review, being a supervisor at a valet company i have had my fair share of time to be able to drive the 335 around it i must say it is a very nice car. If you found a smoking deal on one then i dont blame you :thumbup:

I hope its easier on your back!!! also let me know about the perrin exhaust ;) im HIGHLY interested :)

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
congrats on your new purchase. post pics of your new ride when you can. I hope you can still hangaround the evoXforums.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I am in the same boat as you. I love the Evo, but I don't autocross and only spirited drive maybe once a month, but like doing a lot of straight line racing. I am thinking about trading her in for a Challenger SRT-8 or Camaro SS something RWD and easy to make go fast. The AWD is an overkill for my needs.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hopfully your not running no runflats, or those stupid rota-like rims. and dont drink coffee and drive fast (since it will spill on the a/c control panel and your car will run the heater forever), or crash several times into the curb because you trusted the DTC X-drive system to keep you on the road at a little over normal speeds on snow, or hit the car in front of you at 5mph (right where the sensor is) and all the airbags in the car go off costing 10,000, or you go over a slightly high pot hole bending those cheap rims, or running on stock bridgesone runflats which need to be replaced everytime you drive over a penny-sized rock, or some1 hits your front license plate and the scratches on the front bumper repair costs 1000+, or anything else. but seriously, its a wonderful car.

·
Registered
978 Posts
TRAITOR!! J/K. It's a pretty nice car, you just gotta get those swirl marks out. I'll get the detailer's number for you by monday bro...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TRAITOR!! J/K. It's a pretty nice car, you just gotta get those swirl marks out. I'll get the detailer's number for you by monday bro...
Yeah, at least it rained so you can't really tell that they are there behind all the dust and dirt. haha.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice job man. Whatever makes you happy really! Can't go wrong if you are happy no matter what you picked! Make sure to not leave the boards though! Join the 335 boards or whatever but stay here too! also get some damn pictures man! What color did you get?

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
what brand is the SC test pipe?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts