Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Only bmw i would own are the M series. Used to have a x5. The new xm5/xm6 is pretty nice. but the price of 85000 is too much for me.
my friend is bringing his older M3 to our MA/Boston EVO meet this Friday, and he is considering getting a used 08 M3 because at the end of this year, he is hoping it will be closer to 40K coming off of a lease.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Right, the evo x in general is a sexy car even stock. Sportiness is just amazing!
The thing that bothers me is the engine is pretty noisy in the cabin for just cruising down the freeway.
I would buy the MR Touring which has extra sound deadening but still surprisingly they didn't make the engine noise quieter...
I didn't get to drive the touring but I sat in it with the engine idle, it sounded the same... but i never drove it.
If anybody has info on this let me know.
Thanks!
I'm the exact opposite - my Evo is not nearly loud enough. I love the sound of the turbo spooling, the BOV, and I time most of my gear shifts on the sound of the engine. I don't think I've even turned the radio on yet - don't want to drown out those lovely engine sounds! Only complaint - the exhaust is way too quiet. Need to get a CBE ASAP.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Evo X isn't noisy at all. Or at least my MR isn't noisy. On the highway I hear more road noise than anything else.

The 335 isn't really a silent car either.

I sold a 330i to get my X and considered heavily about the 335. I picked the X and haven't looked back. The X isn't perfect but there were areas in which the 335 was lacking when compared to the X IMO. Give and take I guess.

Good luck with your BMW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No more X now 335

I know the economy is tanking and people have alot less money to spend this year but not everyone is in the same boat. This year I have alot more money to spend and we are getting better gifts for everyone. I am even picking up some stuff for myself, I already got the 300 laptop Walmart had and am still going to pick up a blu ray and home theater system for myself on friday.

My GF and I decided to give up our house, its not that we couldnt make the payments We had never missed one. We talked about our future and next year she will be going back to school. We really dont need a house and we figured that when she finishes with school we can get a better one. So now that we no longer have a 2500 mortgage we have alot more money to spend on other things. I have already payed off my car and about 5000 in debt. We still have about 15000 more but we are working hard to pay that off and start from scratch.

Does anyone else have extra this year?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts