Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my car there was only one Evo with a spoiler and it was a gsr. It seemed all the 2011 mrs didn't have one on any of the lots I went to..

Most the pictures of the Evo all seem to have a spoiler... am I missing out on anything? Or did they just change the style of the car?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
mine is a 2010 MR and i don't have a spoiler. I think thats the first year they started selling the MR without it

·
Registered
447 Posts
I bought my evo used and the guy sold the spoiler, so when i bought the car i purchased an ABS plastic one and had it painted to match the car. Looks great and unique because its all one piece and its solid blue (no black plastic on the underside)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
From what I understand, our spoiler doesn't do all that much for performance unless you're at less than legal speeds, such as on a track.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I like the way the car looks without it. But I prefer it waaaay more with the (large)spoiler on it. It's just so essential in the whole "iconic" look of the Evo. Same with the STi.

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts
^ troll lol

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I soldy wing, so the only thing that sucks is plugging the fucking holes

·
Registered
817 Posts
2011 was the first year they started the MR with what's called the lip spoiler.

2010 MR does HAVE a spoiler similar to GSR but more rectangular.

2010 MR TOURING and SE does only have the lip spoiler.

08-12 gsr had ALWAYS had a spoiler.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just can't decide if id like it or not... Almost looks to simple in the back without it

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I agree.. I just bought the Rexpeed do luck spoiler. I know it's not the real deal, but I am excited.. I can actually see out of my rear windshield!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
No, for now I just plugged with caps. I don't like but have no chpice right now.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Cause it's cheaper. But the fitment is shit man. I follow the saying "If you're going to do it, do it right, or don't do it at all" very strictly.
I like seibon csl style trunk better than original do luck, call me crazy but it looks way better with bigger/taller lip than on do luck :D
but than again I see my car with the wing and there is no way Im going wingless :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts