Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

No spoiler... Am I missing out?

22K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  iheartmyevo 
#1 ·
When I bought my car there was only one Evo with a spoiler and it was a gsr. It seemed all the 2011 mrs didn't have one on any of the lots I went to..

Most the pictures of the Evo all seem to have a spoiler... am I missing out on anything? Or did they just change the style of the car?

#4 ·
I bought my evo used and the guy sold the spoiler, so when i bought the car i purchased an ABS plastic one and had it painted to match the car. Looks great and unique because its all one piece and its solid blue (no black plastic on the underside)

#5 ·
From what I understand, our spoiler doesn't do all that much for performance unless you're at less than legal speeds, such as on a track.

#6 ·
I like the way the car looks without it. But I prefer it waaaay more with the (large)spoiler on it. It's just so essential in the whole "iconic" look of the Evo. Same with the STi.

#10 ·
I soldy wing, so the only thing that sucks is plugging the fucking holes

#11 ·
2011 was the first year they started the MR with what's called the lip spoiler.

2010 MR does HAVE a spoiler similar to GSR but more rectangular.

2010 MR TOURING and SE does only have the lip spoiler.

08-12 gsr had ALWAYS had a spoiler.

#14 ·
I agree.. I just bought the Rexpeed do luck spoiler. I know it's not the real deal, but I am excited.. I can actually see out of my rear windshield!!!

#16 ·
No, for now I just plugged with caps. I don't like but have no chpice right now.

#22 ·
i noticed this as well. it was pretty nice but i pulled my wing cause it adds so much class i love it. woman in the streets freak in the sheets!:hitit:

#26 ·
We dont get the Evo X without the big rear spoiler in Europe.

Honestly... I think if you removed the rear spoiler and driven round UK, I think most evo owners would want to punch you in the face!!

what is it with no spoilers??? even the little spoiler that some of you guys run comes stock with every Euro basic lancer!! even that looks bad IMO.

And that do-luck duck tail thingy trunk looks horrible!!

The Evo is a rally icon, it deserves to atleast look like the legend car that has inspired people to buy this car in the first place.

I can feel the wrath is on its way.............:confused2:

#28 ·
Right... I think this needs discussed.

Im gonna start a thread with a poll...

#30 ·
post pics:godance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.