Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2011 Lancer Ralliart on firmware 8631A9720A. I was attempting to Upload for SS Mode. Using correct firmware 8631b151 per SST reflash guide. During attempt car beeped and immediately through “Reprogram Error, start from beginning,” code. Car now has codes P1590 and U0101 which means list Communication with TCU. I now have no gears and dash looks like a Christmas tree with all the transmission service lights.

I spoke with someone and he said it’s possible that the TCU is stuck in boot mode. I also tried doing a teach in per adviceof another forum but I get “NRC $80,” code. Every time I try the flash now I immediately get the Reprogram Error code at 0%. Occasionally the car will beep, climate control lights flash, radio flashes, then “Reprogram error” comes up again.

I have tried B001 firmware as well to no avail.
Can anyone help me out with this? Would just like to drive my car. Really not concerned with the Upgrade to Evo X firmware anymore.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don’t think you need to update the firmware for a 2011. I believe you only need to update the firmware if it’s a 2008-2009 RA/MR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Kris

I was trying to upgrade not Update. Meaning flash the MR firmware onto the Ralliart to give it Launch controll and super sport Mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using Pass Thru Can app with OP 2.0.
How I fixed it was doing a master DTC reset on MUT III - then utilized the newest TCU firmware. I believe ECUflash will clear all of the modules on the car if you use OP.

The latest one which is 8631B152.cff. Kozmic updates all the TCU's to the latest firmware regardless of which year the vehicle was manufactured. You can make the S/W changes in the TI info file.

Are you sure the changes are correct in the TI info file?

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you are not too far from this location try them they are good. Luxe Auto Repair. Luxe Electrical Inc, 5820 Autoport Mall, San Diego, CA 92121

1 - 7 of 7 Posts