Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed an intake on my X, and hit the rollers yesterday. Here are the results... 75* out. Dyno Dynamics
Note: peak boost w/ stock intake (tuned) was 25.5 vs 24.5 w/ the new intake. Lost a psi + up until 6500, where it matched the stock intake. 17psi @ 7k. Also there was a slight variance in temps (warmer) yesterday. ~ 15*
stock BCS's were outta juice!
Next up is a GM 3-port!
Also Note: NO boost or timing changes, between the tuned "stock" intake vs. the tuned intake. 11.0 AFR 91 octane

Baseline stock w/ stock tune vs. final pull tuned.

and heres a graph of the car tuned for the stock intake, (w/ the new intake on) vs. the intake tuned...

·
Registered
458 Posts
This all on 91 octane? Did your tuner take out the factory pill? Some more MIVEC adjustments would help. Add an UICP in Black so it looks stealth when the authorities open your engine. If you can do a Highflow Cat it would help.

Cool!
:D

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
This all on 91 octane? Did your tuner take out the factory pill? Some more MIVEC adjustments would help. Add an UICP in Black so it looks stealth when the authorities open your engine. If you can do a Highflow Cat it would help.

Cool!
:D

highly doubt that happends on a regular basis. I had a cop that wanted me to pop my trunk on my 370z to prove i didnt have the bottle in for my nitrous system when i got caught speeding. But i never had anyone want me to pop the hood..lol.

·
Registered
456 Posts
is 17 psi normal at 7k rpms? well, maybe because you have the stock cat and the turbo can't breathe too well. on my second map i hit 24.3 psi and taper to 19.4 psi at 7k, no 3 port and my bcs are not maxed. mivec changes and a hi flow will do you wonders. and i had one instance when the cops popped my hood, i was in the back of the police car, because i accidentally had some brand new car keys in my pocket from doing PDI's (pre-delivery inspections of new units) from my dealership. they pointed at everything and laughed, i was not happy

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
highly doubt that happends on a regular basis. I had a cop that wanted me to pop my trunk on my 370z to prove i didnt have the bottle in for my nitrous system when i got caught speeding. But i never had anyone want me to pop the hood..lol.
I think they are hardcore aBout emmissions in the USA. Not really in Canada.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If it is California, they like to see a "Carb Legal" stamp on the product. AEM has one on thier Air Box so okay for California Modding. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts