Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey the everyone I just got a new Evo X from the dealer, but idk if I have to brake in the turbo, because my brother khas a Subaru and he had to wait until 15 hundred miles to actually floor it and be to race with it. If I do have to brake it in just tell me what I'm supposed to do. So far I'm shifting at the 3 n half on the rpm.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Keep it under 5000rpm for the first 600 miles. I believe thats what the manual says.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Its the clutch and the tranny that requires runing in. The engine and turbo are good to go....

But.. still run it in!!

If you run it in as suggested it will be beneficial for your car in the long run.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
^^Cool.... now you can start bolting on weapons of mass distruction:thumbup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
According to the owners manuel u should not exceed 5000rpms for the first 5-600miles I think. Also Mitsubishi will tell u they wouldn't recommend blowing past 85mph for the first 2000miles. That's again what they told me. Also it's a good idea to follow the manuel about letting the car/turbo warm up completely each day until the temp. Meter begins to read the little blue strip before driving off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.