Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after having my car tuned with a full turbo back exhaust, i ended up taking the cat back off and putting the stock unit back on.

When tuned with the full tbe system the car never through a cel, however after putting the stock back section on i started getting the P1037 every so often. I could clear it with the AP and was not really beating on the car at all so I figured I could wait as I planned on getting another cat back system within the next few months.

I now get the the P1037 code and cel, however it will not go away!
from some research I think I have a bad 02 sensor, probably because the car is running to rich i would think.

I am not familiar with the wide band UEGO setup, but is there an aftermarket 02 sensor that i could get to replace the stock unit and at the same time run a air/fuel guage off of, or do I need to have a special dedicated 02 sensor that is gauge specific

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The easiest thing it to run both, the stock o2 sensor and install a 2nd bung for your wideband. Your wideband will come with a bung, you can take it to a muffler shop and get it installed on your stock pipe. I paid $20, to have it done.

There is an option to splice into the stock 02 sensor for the wideband. There is a writeup I think in the help section. There is also a writeup for how to install the wideband if you need help or ideas.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great Info.

Thank You much! That's what I needed to know.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have been getting this P1037 code alot, need to get a custom tune soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.