Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a story for everyone, my name is Allen and I am leaving Ft Lauderdale airport with my wife Judy, and my buddy Brad and we will be flying into Los Angeles Airport

We will be picking up our fully loaded Graphite Grey Evolution X from Adrian & Mark at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi tomorrow 1/23/08 @ 2:30pm.
A11, NAV, SSS, AERO, ALM, WL.

Then heading back to Florida for a crazy getaway vacation / road trip.

We will take some great pictures in Las Vegas, New Mexico, Texas, Biloxi, and back home in south Florida.

I will post from the car, once we get the wireless card working with our laptop.

Let me tell you, so far the best service and best prices from Adrian. Great experience so far. More details to come tomorrow afternoon once the car is in our possession.

Feel free to email me any questions or suggestions for the drive back @ [email protected]

Thanks and wish us luck!
Allen, Judy & Brad

Hey everyone.... First update...

We had a great flight into LAX.

We met with Adrian and Mark... finanlized the details in about an hour.. took some pictures and put some gas...

We cruised Pacific Coast Highway, grabbed some lunch and now we are on the road, headed to Vegas.

So far we have encountered horrible TRAFFIC.... Rain and SNOW!!!!!

Staying connected at 75 MPH is priceless.

We will post the pics as soon as we get to Vegas...

Review so far… Overall our Evolution has received multiple thumbs up from people on the road.

The handling is very impressive. The aero kit comes off with a clean look.

So far I have enjoyed this Evo better than my ’05 STI.

Plenty of leg room in the back seat, (says the man who sleeps)

I do think the gas tank is pretty small. 5th gear rpm's around 3.5k-4k between 70mph-85mph.

Most of the time we were in traffic getting out of california. Then the snow storm was crazy and out of the blue.

We made it to Las vegas, already so many positive comments on the car, from the guys at valet, (I parked it myself) to people on motorcycles its been awesome so far.

Here are some pics. More to come tomorrow from around Nevada, we may go skiing 1hr north of las vegas.

FYI, When I get back to Miami, I will upload the 6MB files from the entire trip OCEAN TO OCEAN we will take some really good shots. These first batch were quick as we had to finish some stuff inside.

MANY NEW PICTURES ONLINE @ www.acewolf.com

We are currently in LONGVIEW, TX leaving early AM to BILOXI for some gambling.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
VERY cool! Welcome to the forums!

I actually considered doing this myself, but I'm not big on long road trips.

Looks like you got about every damn option possible! I'm jealous! Please keep us posted on your journey.

As for the gas tank being small - that's not the first time I've heard that. What's the cruising distance on the car?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wow, congrats on your new ride!:thumbup: If they sold that color here in Japan I may have bought that one instead.
In Japan we usually don't get any thumbs up type of reaction, instead we have fully tuned GTRs, Evos, & STis that'll pull up next to you and rev their engines at you.:(

Anyways, have a nice trip back & drive safely, don't wanna mess up your new ride before you get home!:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.

Its good to be an EVO owner. I cant wait to get home and move my wifes car out of the garage and park the EVO X next to my Z06.

PM me for Pricing details from Hunginton Beach, CA details.

I am heading into Lousiana in a few minutes, but I wanted to clear up someone. My buddy Jason with his EVo 8 fixed the website with the pics.

So the currenty easy to view site with all the current pics is

www.acewolf.com

once it loads it has the slideshow option.

Hope you all enjoy.

Ill update later.

Thanks
Allen, Judy, and Brad.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.

Its good to be an EVO owner. I cant wait to get home and move my wifes car out of the garage and park the EVO X next to my Z06.

PM me for Pricing details from Hunginton Beach, CA details.

I am heading into Lousiana in a few minutes, but I wanted to clear up someone. My buddy Jason with his EVo 8 fixed the website with the pics.

So the currenty easy to view site with all the current pics is

www.acewolf.com

once it loads it has the slideshow option.

Hope you all enjoy.

Ill update later.

Thanks
Allen, Judy, and Brad.

The nav looks pretty nice.

Touchscreen, right?

How do you like the operation of it? Are you using it and only it to navigate cross country?

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's cool man
congrats on the car
You'll probably goin down I-10
so will pass through New Orleans
If you do stop there check out Bourbon st. and the french quarters

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
congrats man i love the wireless on the road i use it all the time since i drive alot.i may even do bussines with the dealers over there or with kmx but i'll take the truck and haul it in that.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
VERY cool! Welcome to the forums!

I actually considered doing this myself, but I'm not big on long road trips.

Looks like you got about every damn option possible! I'm jealous! Please keep us posted on your journey.

As for the gas tank being small - that's not the first time I've heard that. What's the cruising distance on the car?
I havens actually taken mine out too far on a road trip just yet, but in the city I'm sitting at 210 - 230 miles per tank

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We Made it!
We are back in Florida, and have reach our home in Miami Lakes, FL. 2980 MILES Later and 4 nights in Las Vegas, New Mexico, Texas, Mississippi. Home sweet home. I have a few pictures of the Evo X in the garage with my Z06, and out front with my buddy jasons blue Evo VIII.
I will write a full review tomororw and will upload the rest of the trip photos.
Thanks for everyones support, it was definately a great experience and vacation road trip.
Pics below

:mitsu: :usflag: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.