Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if the OEM BBS wheels can handle a run-flat tire? I don't see why they couldn't being a higher quality wheel, but I know there are some out there, OEM and Aftermarket, that cannot handle the added stress from the tire sidewall with 0 pressure in the tire and will bend/destroy the rim.

Reason I am asking is because my summer tires are a taller diameter then the stock tires (255/4018s vs 245/40/18s) which makes the spare tire useless if I ever needed it so I have been running with a 5th full sized BBS spare in the trunk with the proper sized tire but with the already limited space we have, I now have even less trunk space which sucks for road trips.

I have also thought about buying this pump/spray that Audi uses in some of their cars (Such as our R8) as it does not have a spare, just a spray/pump that pumps up your tire and fills the puncture. It is also TPMS safe but going with a run-flat is so much easier and would also give me space to put alcohol injection in place of the spare tire :godance::dancebanana:

·
Registered
331 Posts
^ All Evos in Australia dont come with a spare, we get the pump/spry system as well.
Same with a few other cars.
I like it. Ive never had a flat in 7+ years so running no spare isnt a worry for me. Its also handy to have a portable pump for bikes, tires at the track ect ect.

Also runflats are terrible, ride comfort + noise takes a beating with run flats. They also cost more.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
^ All Evos in Australia dont come with a spare, we get the pump/spry system as well.
Same with a few other cars.
I like it. Ive never had a flat in 7+ years so running no spare isnt a worry for me. Its also handy to have a portable pump for bikes, tires at the track ect ect.

Also runflats are terrible, ride comfort + noise takes a beating with run flats. They also cost more.
Can you show me a pic of what you have in the spare space in the trunk?

Thanks,
NEWB

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Humm I may have to see if I can pick up this entire set up... I do like that..

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
That's pretty kewl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts