Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

OEM Evo X Recaro’s

4K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  vitoyk 
#1 ·
So I have a 2015 FE and I’m about to do a swap with OEM Evo X Recaros. I found a pair in great condition, both airbags and I bought them for a great price. However, the seller just couldn’t remember what year these Recaro’s were from.

I guess it doesn’t matter too much, but is there something on the seat itself that’ll give me that info? Like what year Evo these came out of?

#7 ·
So I have a 2015 FE and I’m about to do a swap with OEM Evo X Recaros. I found a pair in great condition, both airbags and I bought them for a great price. However, the seller just couldn’t remember what year these Recaro’s were from.

I guess it doesn’t matter too much, but is there something on the seat itself that’ll give me that info? Like what year Evo these came out of?
I did the same for my evo x fe and my airbag light went on because of it, there is something different with a buckle that triggers air bag light...
Disconnect battery
Turn Key "ON"
Place towels over door sills on all 4 corners (old t shirts work too)
Work on removing all the trim pieces for the seats
Unbolt seats
Disconnect all the plugs from the body to the seats
remove seats

*Take time to vacuum the crumbs out from those McDonalds fries you had 2 months ago (I know you did)

Remove beauty trim from passenger right side of seat.
Remove BOTH seat belt latches from Original seats. Do not mix them up
Remove passenger side weight sensors. The easiest way to do this is to remove the 8 nuts from the sensors and take the whole bracket and swap it over.
Make sure to leave the black box thats on it in place
Put original buckles on Recaros
Place original passenger weight sensing bracket on Recaro seat (Obviously remove the other old bracket)
Install beauty trim on passenger seat
Tie up any sensor wires etc back in place.

*If you are careful you can keep all the wire clips intact and just snap them in place on the Recaro seats. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to do so. There is an obvious wire or two that cannot remain on its retaining tab/cable stay, I can't recall which one but Im sure its the driver side buckle wire. It's obvious which one it is as its the only one that you can't thread out IIRC

Put seats back in car (those towels come in handy to not fuck up the plastic don't they)
Turn Key "OFF"
Plug all respective sensors in to their respective spots under the seat
Bolt seat back in place
Snap beauty covers back on the seat

Sit in driver seat, hang out for a few, adjust the seat, do a pretend dig, row some gears, and generally act like a child for a few mins (REQUIRED)

Take key out
Reconnect battery (All your stereo settings are stored in CAN memory, so if you swap OEM stereos, or have one, all your shit, like paired Bluetooth and EQ,radio, etc, should still be there)

Key in, turn on, start car. There should be no lights present. Disconnecting the battery and keeping the key on during the install should remove all residual energy from major modules before they are disconnected, so the car shouldn't see a voltage/resistance change in the airbag circut, which would throw a code. The buckles are also tied into this system, as well as the seat sensors. If you swap all the standard coded items over to their respective spots, you should have no problems. I did it this exact way and no lights whatsoever. The P/O of the seats (who also did a 15 swap) did have the airbag light. If you happen to get one, the dealer can re-calibrate them for you.

#9 ·
Disconnect battery
Turn Key "ON"
Place towels over door sills on all 4 corners (old t shirts work too)
Work on removing all the trim pieces for the seats
Unbolt seats
Disconnect all the plugs from the body to the seats
remove seats

*Take time to vacuum the crumbs out from those McDonalds fries you had 2 months ago (I know you did)

Remove beauty trim from passenger right side of seat.
Remove BOTH seat belt latches from Original seats. Do not mix them up
Remove passenger side weight sensors. The easiest way to do this is to remove the 8 nuts from the sensors and take the whole bracket and swap it over.
Make sure to leave the black box thats on it in place
Put original buckles on Recaros
Place original passenger weight sensing bracket on Recaro seat (Obviously remove the other old bracket)
Install beauty trim on passenger seat
Tie up any sensor wires etc back in place.

*If you are careful you can keep all the wire clips intact and just snap them in place on the Recaro seats. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to do so. There is an obvious wire or two that cannot remain on its retaining tab/cable stay, I can't recall which one but Im sure its the driver side buckle wire. It's obvious which one it is as its the only one that you can't thread out IIRC

Put seats back in car (those towels come in handy to not fuck up the plastic don't they)
Turn Key "OFF"
Plug all respective sensors in to their respective spots under the seat
Bolt seat back in place
Snap beauty covers back on the seat

Sit in driver seat, hang out for a few, adjust the seat, do a pretend dig, row some gears, and generally act like a child for a few mins (REQUIRED)

Take key out
Reconnect battery (All your stereo settings are stored in CAN memory, so if you swap OEM stereos, or have one, all your shit, like paired Bluetooth and EQ,radio, etc, should still be there)

Key in, turn on, start car. There should be no lights present. Disconnecting the battery and keeping the key on during the install should remove all residual energy from major modules before they are disconnected, so the car shouldn't see a voltage/resistance change in the airbag circut, which would throw a code. The buckles are also tied into this system, as well as the seat sensors. If you swap all the standard coded items over to their respective spots, you should have no problems. I did it this exact way and no lights whatsoever. The P/O of the seats (who also did a 15 swap) did have the airbag light. If you happen to get one, the dealer can re-calibrate them for you.
Thank you! Yes I run the code and I tells me something with a buckle and I was going to swap it from original but have not done it...always something more important than the airbag light lol...

#8 ·
". The buckles are also tied into this system, as well as the seat sensors. If you swap all the standard coded items over to their respective spots, you should have no problems. I did it this exact way and no lights whatsoever. The P/O of the seats (who also did a 15 swap) did have the airbag light. If you happen to get one, the dealer can re-calibrate them for you. "

I had no idea about the buckles part. Kinda crazy to me.

#10 ·

Where did you find seats? I'm in market for some but all seem to be worn

#28 ·
I just bought mine as well. Only answer is - Depending on what you want in a car. If you're looking for comfort, gas economy it's certainly not the car for you! If you're looking for driveability, performance, handling and building on a perfect rallycar base - it's the car for you! I had 3 STis before so I only drive rallycars. Now out of the 3 rallycar options we have in US well Evolution nomore it also has the most plain interior. Mitsubishi focused on engine, suspension and driveability and for that reason it's worth it. Not much out there feels like it!

#36 ·

I don’t remember if the part number or serial number is on the seat I’ll check tomorrow that’s a simple call to check when and where they came from ( don’t let Mitsubishi tell you they don’t have access they do) I had mine in the car for 4 days before I swapped them out for Brides. As far as the codes you have too run the buckles and replace the seat sensors. I have the buckles shunt to ground so I don’t have the light and my airbags work. Only thing about running harnesses but its a simple electrical fix

#37 ·

Here is the resistor mod that works too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.