Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

OEM Recaro’s

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mufasa 
#1 ·
Well I just successfully swapped out my 2015 FE seats for the OEM Recaro’s. No lights, no problems very satisfied. However I do notice something now that I can foresee it bothering the **** out of me...
This only occurs in the drivers seat, but when I put pressure in the back... I can hear a click and when I release the pressure I hear another click. Click click click click...
To any Evo Owners with OEM Recaro’s... do any of you guys know what I’m talking about? Obviously there’s something inside the seat that is causing it... just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and if there’s a potential fix??

Thanks

#2 ·
I have a 2011 and my OEM driver seat sometimes does that. I believe in my case it's from a weakening weld or connection on the door side bolster frame. Mine are just well-used, so eventually I'll replace the seats. I suspect if it's the same for you there may be a portion of the inner metal frame that has an issue.

Hope that helps.

#6 ·
My 2011 does that on the seat, the left thigh hugger clicks and its the wire springs thats broke. Drives me nuts but not work the money to replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.