Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i found out my oem mani is cracked on the inside on the evo x. I got lucky and was able to remove it by cutting the stud. I also decided to remove the studs. One of them came off double nut but the other one was eaten. I want to remove the turbo and send it off to the machine shop but there is one bolt thats being a b****. The bottom bolt is giving me a hard time. You guys think it will be safe to torch it around from the top? A concerned will be the oil feed line being near it. Or should i leave the bracket attached and remove the turbo with ot then torch it. I believe theres 2 14mm thats holding the bracket that bolt to the block.
Automotive tire Gas Motor vehicle Bumper Auto part

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you near Columbus OH? You can have my oem turbo and mani if you want. I no longer have the car, and its chilling in my garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you near Columbus OH? You can have my oem turbo and mani if you want. I no longer have the car, and its chilling in my garage.
[/QUOTE

Unfortunately no. I live here in VA. My turbo is still good. It only has 53k miles on it. The mani i decided to wait till spring. The winter in VA is bad. They put way to much salt and sand. I want to take that turbo off and have a shop drill press the remaining stud. Its just that bolt under the turbo is being a pain. If i torch it my concern is the oil line taking some heat. Was thinking of sticking the firewall heat shield in front of the line but it might end up scorching and bouncing the heat everywhere. Also i dont know if removing the turbo with the bracket on is a good idea. Does it have to be at the same level it was at when i go to put it back?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello, if still have your turbo and manifod, how much to ship it to 95602 Auburn CA? Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts