Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Official Evo X Mr Price Released

8K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  dmx88227 
#1 ·
Hey i just wanted to say i was at the montreal auto show were the new evo x was released here are the pics and the price of the evo x mr at the auto show is 52 743.00$

Hope u guys enjoy the pics:)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank you for the pics, it looks like this car does'nt have anything extra then a regular MR. I know the NAV is an extra $2000.00 but the rest on that list comes standard on the MR so, why is it 10.000 CAN$ more?

#19 · (Edited)
US import fees on foreign made autos is 2.5% per vehicle versus Canadian fee of 6.1% - so at dollar parity the same vehicle will cost at least 3.6% more in Canada.

Canadians are doing OK in comparison to Europeans. GAmbrose, The UK tariff fees are between 7 - 17.5 % for non EC manufactured vehicles (I think it is a function of horsepower and emissions, but I'm not certain on that) - and then another 17.5% for the Value added tax. So depending on the Evo's classification, UK drivers could expect to pay as much as a third more than US - which is what you're quoting.

#15 ·
#18 ·
I just did a currency conversion on www.xe.com and that MR Premium would be £25,633

Here in the UK, the equivalent model is the GSR SST FQ-300 at £31,999 which is the equivalent of $64,287.12!

I don't know if you have to pay taxes on that, but count yourselves lucky! We even drive on the same side as the Japanese, so they don't even have to convert the car to LHD out of the factory...don't know how they justify those sort of prices really.

Gary A

#23 ·
Up until now, US cars have had a more primitive drive compared to EU and Japan. No AYC (well the XI MR has it in the rear if I'm not wrong), so that could have been used as justification, but I think this time it will be the same everywhere, so the price differences are due to what? I don't know. It is especially interesting if you look at the price of the dollar compared to the Euro or Pound. You have a fifty percent discount right there almost!

#25 ·
See I don't think it's gonna catch up, because the US economy is on the downhill. If they raise prices people simply aren't going to buy the stuff. Just think of it, if it is going to be 40,000 Euros in EU than thats around 58k US. I don't think half the people will be able to pay that that are currently buying. Manufacturer's can't afford that in my opinion.

Sincerely,
JOE:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.