Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
Kansai service tow hook. Mounted through the crash beam. Rock solid and usable.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts

This was supposed to before BMW that I bought on eBay. Modified it, painted it, and mounted to the crash beam. Usable as well

·
Registered
776 Posts
sick, im thinking of getting front and back. any problems installing it?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm never ordering anything from Kansai again. It has been since July that I ordered my tow hook from them and still no word yet. Sean is doing his best but he can't make Kansai work any faster. Like I said, I'll never order anything from Kansai again.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Yeah its functional, but you have to torque that bitch down as hard as you can + thread-lock. I put it on and didnt really torque down the two bolts on the back as hard as i should have. Tried to tow it (in snow with friends truck, just testing it out) and it pulled fine, but the steal arm moved up like 2 inches so it was almost sketch. Its not as sturdy as the OEM hooks or doing the crash beam mod, but will work.

Sean can get you one, though i went through someone else and got it like 2 months later. It's built to order so its expected to have to wait a bit, but not 7+ months wtf

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I'm never ordering anything from Kansai again. It has been since July that I ordered my tow hook from them and still no word yet. Sean is doing his best but he can't make Kansai work any faster. Like I said, I'll never order anything from Kansai again.

That's weird, I remember waiting maybe seven weeks, not months.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
do some tracks require that you have an aftermarket tow hook? or a certain placement/visibility of tow hooks?

ie, what are the functional benefits/need for a tow hook?
Yes, some groups will require you to have a visible, installed tow hook to run with them at the track. Most do not and only ask that you put it on if you have one. The reason for this is so they can quickly get you off the track if you go off, so the rest of the day can continue. Unfortunately our cars do not have one in the front, only in the rear. Custom work needs to be done to mount a towhook through the fake towhook hole in the front of our cars.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yes, some groups will require you to have a visible, installed tow hook to run with them at the track. Most do not and only ask that you put it on if you have one. The reason for this is so they can quickly get you off the track if you go off, so the rest of the day can continue. Unfortunately our cars do not have one in the front, only in the rear. Custom work needs to be done to mount a towhook through the fake towhook hole in the front of our cars.
great more :$: to get myself track ready, I guess I'll look into which groups require it and see if I can get away without one for a bit. I understand the reasons why a track would require a functional tow hook and the install process based on threads on here.

I also just see a lot of non-functional tow hooks on the street and on cars that will never see a track which I think is very rice, I think I would only have mine installed on the track or if using it as a camera mount. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a ricer, or attract extra attn, I'm more about the clean and functional look and performance for my car. With sexy being a side effect of functional mods.

Looks like we may be on the track together at some point since you're in the bay area. :rock:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.