Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Wicked White Evo X GSR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got the new engine a while back and finally am done with break in period. I need to do my oil change before boost tuning and need to decide what oil to permanently run in this car, however, I’m fairly new to flex fuel/E85 setups and I’ve heard and ready many different things about E85 and oil.

So… I have a 2013 GSR with a “Stage 2”(yes I know, I hate “stages” also) longblock from MAP, a gtx3576 gen 2 turbo, and all supporting mods for flexfuelE85.
The car is not my daily driver, however I do drive it fairly regularly. I will also be doing oil changes ever 3k miles.

Does oil brand actually matter when occasionally running E85? Which oil is best to use with E85 and this build setup?
Also, I live in MO where we see cold winters and hot summers. Should I run 5w-30, 10w-40, etc?

if I left any details out feel free to ask to help answer this for me. Thanks.

·
[E-Tuner]
15,949 Posts
Personally I run Motul, but I have also run AMSoil and Redline, both of which are great. Oil brand typically doesn't matter when running E85, but the mileage of the oil and how well you take care of it does. The alcohol in the E85 will break down the oil over time, but if you dont allow the oil temp to get up to operational temperature (which boils off the alcohol and water) the oil will break down faster than normal. Also with a new motor you still want to be changing the oil a little more frequently (1,000 miles, then 2,000, then 3,000) because while break in may be done, parts will continue to wear-in with each other and you want to keep the oil clean.

Oil filters are very important also. I think the AMSoil is the best on the market because it has the highest filter efficiency of small particles (<20 micron)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts