Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i installed a turbosmart bov and i seem to be getting a lot of oil coming out of it..i have the ams intake on my car so all the oil is spraying on my radiator fan..anyone?

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Install a catch can

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Install a catch can
That should do the trick. Staright off of AMS' website.

"This intake can be ordered in two different configurations. The default configuration is WITHOUT breather bungs for the crank case and boost control solenoid. With this set-up we recommend an oil catch can for the crank case and venting the solenoid to the atmosphere. This will not effect your EVO X's performance negatively in any way. "

:thumbup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Oil Catch Can will fix this
the line from the valve cover vents into the factory airbox, if you've moved stuff around, then it is likely that you're spittin from the BOV. If you pull the line from the Valve cover, the end of it will be wet, guaranteed.
The way it is from the factory, you're spitting oil back into the intake. This causes buildup in the system and a catch can is healthy for the car regardless of setup.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
me 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.