Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
today I went to the dealer for the fuel line recall and for an oil leak that I've noticed some days ago.
Here are the pictures:

The oil comes from the oil sump, like it isn't well sealed, not from other parts.
The mechanic told me that the bolts weren't very tight but... I've not read anything like this before and I'm a little bit worried.
The car is bone stock and there is no oil overfilling: the stick shows that oil wets the maximum hole but not over.
The engine power on the dyno is like all other stock X engines tested on it.

I'd like to have your opinion, thanks!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
That isn't that big of a deal, so long as it is just the pan gasket, which is what it looks like. It is VERY simple to fix, just remove the bolts, drop the pan, clean the lip, install new gasket, replace the bolts to torque spec, and refill the oil. That being said, you could try re-torquing all of the bolts first to see if that will fix it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
At the beginning I tought it was the known turbo -not so tight- bolt... but it's not.

That isn't that big of a deal, so long as it is just the pan gasket, which is what it looks like. It is VERY simple to fix, just remove the bolts, drop the pan, clean the lip, install new gasket, replace the bolts to torque spec, and refill the oil. That being said, you could try re-torquing all of the bolts first to see if that will fix it.
Ok, I'll keep an eye on it and if it does it again I ask to replace the gasket...at least I have a warranty for something.

wow!how many mileage right now
2645:(

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Silicon is correct. Only exception is there is no gasket. Use Permatex Ultra Grey to seal it, and use only a 1/8" bead, following the the pan on the INSIDE of the bolt holes. Cost for sealant is about $10.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Silicon is correct. Only exception is there is no gasket. Use Permatex Ultra Grey to seal it, and use only a 1/8" bead, following the the pan on the INSIDE of the bolt holes. Cost for sealant is about $10.
Even easier, the last time I did one it had a gasket. Cheaper is better! +1 on the Permatex.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts