Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on WOT my car jerks sometimes? only sometimes?? but it feels bad.

im worried cos last time i experienced this i blew a MAF sensor.

any direction??

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on WOT my car jerks sometimes? only sometimes?? but it feels bad.

im worried cos last time i experienced this i blew a MAF sensor.

any direction??
Fuel pressure regulator hose pop off?
no mines zip tied on, as ive experienced this before, its not a series of jerks, its more like just one jerk on WOT. but it feels bad.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idle would be dog shit, no?
no not turning, cant be fuel surge, and no idle is fine. just on full acceleration, sometimes i get a jerk like the engine has turned off.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
feels like i could have a boost leak, but it only hapens sometimes.

just ran my OBD II and pulled no codes. So it must be boost or a leak in the system otherwise the ECU would throw a code right?

feels bad when this happens, feels like when a IC pipe hose pops off, but as soon as it happens i let off the throttle and its fine to accelerate again.??

im scared to drive hard now as i have to drive back to England next week from Germany, and im worried somethings gonna go.:confused2:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Naa. I ran with no MAF for the entire break in.
This:
Was in response to this:
Fuel pressure regulator hose pop off?
Which is why I said this:
:neener:

So I guess since fuel starvation was ruled out, might be a boost leak and you should hook up a Tactrix or something and log a few pulls and on the pull you experience it, go look through. Best way to do it is hit cruise control, do a pull, cruise control again, then back on, another pull, etc... then count the number of logs and when you get one that recreates the problem, it'll be log008.csv or whatever.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This:Was in response to this:

Which is why I said this:

:neener:

So I guess since fuel starvation was ruled out, might be a boost leak and you should hook up a Tactrix or something and log a few pulls and on the pull you experience it, go look through. Best way to do it is hit cruise control, do a pull, cruise control again, then back on, another pull, etc... then count the number of logs and when you get one that recreates the problem, it'll be log008.csv or whatever.
i dont have cruise control on my car mate, do you guys get that on evo Xs in the US?

also all these facilities/sollutions etc.. that you have available in the US for evo Xs there just not available to me, imagine you take your car to the north pole, and you get a problem!! and you have to venture out to look for a tuner/evo mechanic... well thats Germany in a nut shell. If the car aint German.......Your fucked!! trust me, even Mitsi shrug their shoulders at me when i bring my car in, they have even rang me for advice a few times!! no shit!!! cos thats how shit Mitsi are in Germany.

you guys on this forum are my only hope when i need advice, and believe me ive learned and fixed my car based on info ive accumilated from this forum.:thumbup:

Any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Turn off your ASC.

;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
i feel for the OP. Last time i took my car to the track same thing happened on the back straightaway. Came out of a left hand turn then WOT till about 90-100 mph and around 90 the engine jerked as if an IC pipe popped or something alone those lines. It was my last session and i had about half tank. fuel starved?

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
i feel for the OP. Last time i took my car to the track same thing happened on the back straightaway. Came out of a left hand turn then WOT till about 90-100 mph and around 90 the engine jerked as if an IC pipe popped or something alone those lines. It was my last session and i had about half tank. fuel starved?
that sounds like fuel starvation

1 - 20 of 90 Posts