Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im plannin on gettin a tune soon. im not to knowledgeable about opensource/ecuflash so my question is if the time comes and i need to go into the dealership can i flash back to my stock tune and be non detachable like cobb AP does?

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
im plannin on gettin a tune soon. im not to knowledgeable about opensource/ecuflash so my question is if the time comes and i need to go into the dealership can i flash back to my stock tune and be non detachable like cobb AP does?
yes, you can.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yes, you can.
it has been a while but iirc irregardless of OS vs cobb there is a flash counter that can be accessed to tell the dealer the number of flashes to the computer to put you as suspect even though you're running stock rom when they pull it. i could be wrong but i thouhgt this was the case before i dropped off the map for a few months when i popped my block.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
it has been a while but iirc irregardless of OS vs cobb there is a flash counter that can be accessed to tell the dealer the number of flashes to the computer to put you as suspect even though you're running stock rom when they pull it. i could be wrong but i thouhgt this was the case before i dropped off the map for a few months when i popped my block.
meh, flash counter is not a big deal. Never heard of it being an issue for anyone.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
but they can count it against you vs the number of times to the dealer. if you think about a good tune and the number or times they are flashing to get the aggressive tune and the daily tune on your car and your mods it can skew the numbers in their favor if they pull it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Tune plus dealer.... They shouldn't be in the same sentence. Start defrauding mitsu as you already stated you are thinking about ..it'll bite you in the ass. Trust me. IF MOD YOU YOUR CAR DON'T EXPECT MITSU TO PAY FOR REPAIRS... ehhem sorry about that. I just want others not to share the pain that happened to me!! Btw are cars are so much more fun with a tune. Just b prepare incase shit happens

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
I'm pretty close to my Mitsu-Dealer and he's always envious at how much more I can access via the OBD2 port... I doubt they have sophisticated tuning detection like, say, BMW does...
True the *dealer* does not have sophisticated tools.

But, i suspect, the issue being discussed here is when it involves warranty work - and when the $$ get high enough. Then there is this other group from Mitsu Corporate that gets called in to "inspect" the vehicle(s).

I guarantee you that they have better equipment than you do.

Just sayin'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.