Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ive been wanting to get an evo for some time now i have come across some cars but being nee to the car scene i quite dont know really what to look for. Here is an evo x available near me it has 46k miles on it theyre asking for 35,995$. Based off of the pictures something really stuck out to me which is infront of the intercooler ive never seen that piping\ coil going upwards before. As i said i am new to the car scene so my knowledge aint the best. If i could get some opinions on the engine and what it has and regards to the intercooler thank you!

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
Seems overpriced IMO for a base model Evo with 46k miles.

And you know it has some mods on it. It looks like the intercooler piping had been taken off or swapped out before, possibly before trade in. It has something going on with the vacuum/boost lines by the fuseable link (red battery cover), maybe a boost controller, intake..

And the extra cooler in front of the intercooler is probably some kind of extra oil cooler that the previous owner added. Not stock either.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That looks like a parts-store cooler on the front. Pretty questionable choice on an Evo. I agree with ugakirk about the car having had other mods removed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
with a car with an Intake. i hope it has a tune if not the car will be leaning at WOT. i would pass on it if i were you. that car has been posted for a long time now/ Its very over priced. If you are looking to spend that kind of money. Ill sell you mine for that price range. mine has Less mileage and i have all the stock parts and its very well kept up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts