Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon an '06 Evo gsr. 70k miles. Salvage title. Both air bags deployed. Front end damage consists of both fenders, fender wells, radiators, fmic, fluid resivours, and the nose. Not sure if if there is frame damage.

Is $8900 a fair price? Any ideas on cost of parts based on what I mentioned excluding frame? Just curious because contimplating buying and flipping.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I stumbled upon an '06 Evo gsr. 70k miles. Salvage title. Both air bags deployed. Front end damage consists of both fenders, fender wells, radiators, fmic, fluid resivours, and the nose. Not sure if if there is frame damage.

Is $8900 a fair price? Any ideas on cost of parts based on what I mentioned excluding frame? Just curious because contimplating buying and flipping.
Seems like sinking ship... will you do all the labor yourself?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just heard back. Frame is tweaked to the point the dash is moved. Definitely a bad investment.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I just heard back. Frame is tweaked to the point the dash is moved. Definitely a bad investment.
Yeah.... not worth it. Its unibody... so it will be fucked.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guy just told me $12k to $12.5k to buy the car and have it back on the road. He said he works in a shop and that's what it would cost him to fix.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It all depends on the situation, if you can get it for thousands less than a decent example and build it up at the same time why not? If you plan on keeping it and do not care about resale value it could be a good deal. Just plan on it never being worth 60% of what a non-salvage is worth on the open market.

Where do you guys live that any 9 is worth 10k? All I see is stuff going for 20k+ around here even with 80k+ miles?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Buying a salvaged car is like buying a lotto ticket... it really could go either way. The 9s are great cars, I honestly still regret getting rid of mine several years later, but I don't think I'd gamble on that one. I'd rather pay more to have some peace of mind.

·
Registered
888 Posts
no way, not for 10k.

id do it for 2k. and i wouldnt be buying it with the plan of flipping it. id buy it to build up and have a sweet evo 9 i could drive.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
might be a good deal looking for someone to build a track car for cheap. fixing the frame wouldn't be too hard if the thing's already gutted anyway. If that's the goal, I'd offer $4k, strip it down, tow it to a body shop to put it on a frame rack. That'll cost about $500. I'd consider welding some support anywhere it was tweaked, just in case. After that, its a matter of getting the parts that are missing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.