Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· [Tom Cruise lookalike]
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a question thread. Basically, after first shipment is it still possible to order an Evo X with all the goodies you want? I already know I missed first shipment, but I will be able to look at second shipment, and I wanted a Blue GSR with SSS and the Body Kit. Is this possible?

Thank you guys, obviously I have never ordered a car before :X

· Registered
10,012 Posts
Cool, just making sure it was possible. As always, thank you guys for being so helpful! Isn't KMX up in North Jersey though? Wouldn't mind as a last resort but I gotta see what's close to me first :p
yes but he (KMX) most likely will have contacts down your way. :) I'm sure he will post soon.

I see no reason why you cannot order and get exactly what you want, unless ofcourse theyve staggered out shipments for car types. For NZ first shipment was ONLY 5 Spd manuals, 2nd shipment is only for SST's then shipments after that will probably be mixed.

· [Tom Cruise lookalike]
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah hah! Possibly extra good new for me! The dealer by me isn't doing orders until the car is out... so I may be able to go order one in January and get it sooner then expected! I put my name in to be contacted when they are first available too. Woohoo!

PS: KMX! Do you know anyone at the tri-plex in cherry hill NJ? :p

· Registered
1,565 Posts
Ah hah! Possibly extra good new for me! The dealer by me isn't doing orders until the car is out... so I may be able to go order one in January and get it sooner then expected! I put my name in to be contacted when they are first available too. Woohoo!
Careful, I smell dealer mark-up all over this one! Who the heck doesn't take orders until the car is out????? You should just order one from KMXxBadboy (if he is feeling OK after the wreck he was in, hope you are feeling better soon, dude!).

· Registered
847 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm just back today.

Special orders are not possible unless you are willing to wait a 90+ day lead time.

The reason people in Japan are able to build and have their cars is because the factory is right there. Their lead time is much reduced than the U.S. lead time. What they can do is add on the accessory package of your chosing, but be prepared to get hit with dealership service department labor charges. Please note that when you build a car on mitsucars.com that on certain vehicles there is a 'Navigation Package', an 'Accessory Navigation Package' and a 'Dealer Installed Navigation Package'. What this means is that 'Navigation Package' was installed at the factory, 'Accessory Navigation Package' is installed at-port and 'Dealer Installed Navigation Package' is installed at the dealership. The closer it gets to the dealership, the higher it's going to cost. I purposely didn't order that many aero-equipped models, because of the fact that there are going to be aftermarket lip kits and skirts available sooner or later.

· Registered
847 Posts
Careful, I smell dealer mark-up all over this one! Who the heck doesn't take orders until the car is out????? You should just order one from KMXxBadboy (if he is feeling OK after the wreck he was in, hope you are feeling better soon, dude!).
Thanks, brother. Feeling a bit better.

It's weird that a lot of local dealerships are telling their customers to 'wait until the car gets here'. They know about our policy on the car and they are hoping to cash in on the late-comers. They want to gross as much as possible on the car, so they have no motivation to pre-sell their inventory, as small as most of them are.

· Registered
847 Posts

PS: KMX! Do you know anyone at the tri-plex in cherry hill NJ? :p
Cherry Hill Mitsubishi isn't doing orders? Strange. I have a feeling they are trying the old 'pick one from what we got or wait 90 days' method. District reps have been pumping dealers' heads up that the car is in high demand and they can easily get 5k over sticker for them. I actually went to a competing Mitsubishi in Staten Island 'ghost shopping' for an Evo X. Went in wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt with a hat. I wasn't even approached and had to flag someone down. As soon as I mentioned Evo X, they handed me a pamphlet and said to call them in January when the car was coming. The pamphlet was just a printout of what was on the Mitsu site on the 'Evo X Insider'. I asked what kind of vehicles they had coming in and they said they had no idea, but to call in January when the cars are here. I got a little agitated and took out 3 of my Mitsubishi keys and said, "I own a 2005 Lancer Evolution, a 2008 Lancer and a 1989 Mirage... I know you guys have a shipping manifest of what's coming in, and I'm not trying to break any balls, but I'd like to know if what I want is coming in?" The guy started giving me some speech about 'dignity and respect' and that no matter what I had, the Evo was a totally different vehicle and was only going to be owned by a select few. He said it was so rare, he's only getting 2 in. So I said, "Well Maywood Mitsubishi has 15 coming in the first shipment and they showed me exactly what they have coming in." He laughed and said, "Yeah, anyone can print up a sheet on Word and show it to you. I'm not here to lie to you or fill your head with fantastic dreams about this car. It's going to be that rare and if you're serious, you should call me in January."

I was astounded. I said, "How about I give you my number and you give me a call when you know what you're getting in?" He said, "I'd love to, but by the time I call you and you come in, they're probably going to be sold already, so it's best you give me a call first thing in January."

So I stood up, shook his hand and left. I do these little recon missions every once in a while to keep things in perspective. I like to play the customer role to keep my head clear about what it is a customer expects and wants. It's refreshing and keeps my feet on the ground.

· Registered
847 Posts
I do know some people at Cherry Hill, but I doubt that they'll want to hear anything from me. If it was a Galant or something, I'm sure they'd love the referral. But it seems like they're going to try to cash in on these cars.

That being said, I do have an available 2008 Lancer Evo X GSR in Octane Blue A11. Build order # R-2382464. The only accessory on it is wheel locks.

· Registered
139 Posts
Damn it, I wish you lived closer to me! I'm getting the run around with the 2 dealerships I'm talking with. They are basically saying they don't know colors, MSRP, options, anything because they don't have their invoices yet. They don't even know the true delivery dates. So I'm getting guesses from salesman as far as price, payment, etc.
I suppose that they'll try and jack the prices and screw me over.

· Registered
329 Posts
someone on the other forums has said that a mitsu rep told him that the evo x gsr will be out by mid Jan.

and the MR will be out by mid Feb.

GSR should also be around $32k.

btw, this mitsu rep was someone who was driving around in a silver MR.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.